Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am planning to add/replace a auto dimming mirror to my element and my wife's suzuki,
but my questions is "Can I utilize map light power source to power auto dimming mirror?"
because i have seen people utilize sunroof/moonroof power source to do so.but our both cars dont have power moonroof/sunroof.
i really hate to run the wires through the A pillar which i have to tear up a pillar and headliner.
thanks

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
i am planning to add/replace a auto dimming mirror to my element and my wife's suzuki,
but my questions is "Can I utilize map light power source to power auto dimming mirror?"
because i have seen people utilize sunroof/moonroof power source to do so.but our both cars dont have power moonroof/sunroof.
i really hate to run the wires through the A pillar which i have to tear up a pillar and headliner.
thanks
nope, map lights are hot all the time. you will kill the battery if you do. you will have to run a wire down to the ignition harness, fusebox or elsewhere to get switched power.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
which aftermarket mirror you using? This is a feature I'd like to have as well, but I haven't seen one that mounts using the factory Element mounting, just ones that put the mirror on the windshield.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which aftermarket mirror you using? This is a feature I'd like to have as well, but I haven't seen one that mounts using the factory Element mounting, just ones that put the mirror on the windshield.
it is not for my element.its for my wife's suzuki and i am looking for the very basic auto dimming mirror on ebay for like $70 shipped.i am going to give it a try.

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
See if This thread helps!

If not This one has more info!

Dom

·
Registered
26 Posts
What is all the fuss?

I have searched the forum and saw all of the dimming mirror installations. All of those custom fabricated brackets makes my head hurt. Why not make it simple? Since most, if not all mirrors mount to the windshield, why fight it? Why not cement a wedge to the glass and mount your mirror there? That's what I did. With the left over hole in the ceiling, I put a light. Simple.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts