Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am driving to Nebraska this weekend to check out a dealer that has the color I want. It is the shoreline mist. Will wait to see it in person. Our dealer in Ia has (2) blue ones, and a silver EX automatic inside. I do not think they have sold any here yet. One maybe, I did not ask them and have yet to see any on the street. I just have to see the colors. I like the looks online and in the brochure of the orange, just not sure if it will be a color that I will like years down the road. I keep vehicles forever that this will be my baby. Test drove the blue one and since then I can not get the Element off my mind. Gotta get it!!

I am like everyone else it seems (I am 43 yr. old female). Been car shopping for a few years. Thinking past few on a CRV but it feels too old for me. And boring but I am sold on Honda. Had a civic that I handed down to my daughter when I bought my accord. Love that car too but ready to hand that down to my son. Not that I need a new car yet but can not wait to own the Element. The only brand new vehicle that will have ever owned in my life! Honda all the way and not afraid with their reputation and quality and my own personal experience not afraid to plunk down the dough. I am hoping that I can get by with the $600 under MSRP as I have seen as a possibility.

The Element is just what I had always wished for in a vehicle. It brings out the "hippie" side of me. It is so versitile and I will finally have something to throw my bike in and go to the riverfront to ride the bike trails. Hubby's bike and "stuff" probably fit in there as well. He also tells me to get the hitch so he can purchase his motorcyle trailer. I'd like to be able to take it to Stergis this year (not with the cycle trailer though) and sleep in my Element. Lay back and gaize at the stars through the back top window. I am really excited I can hardly contain myself!!

Plus the fact that I am clumbsy and am always spilling something, no mess with the Element! My son who is 18, senior in high school, is thinking this will be his vehicle. I laugh, he is too young for this. He won't fit the demographics :lol: I told the dealer last weekend when I hade to drive one that it reminds me of a mini-hummer and it just screams ME! No other vehicle has made me feel like this. Am I crazy??

I am so glad I stumbled onto this site and such a wealth of information that answers all my questions and then some. Good info. for when actually do the deal!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Christine.. you are wonderful, and so far from crazy! I went insane for the Element too, I thought i would have to hurt someone if I did not get mine soon! I have had mine for 2 weeks tomorrow.. well acutally tomorrow is in an hour! :D

What lucky kids you have, getting handed down hondas, wow.. cool!

The orange has more of a rust tone color to it rather similar to the new Nissan Murano.. so be warned this is a new trend color.. i am seeing alot of new manufacturers putting it on their NEW vehicles.. kinda like we saw the silver all over the place for a couple years.. it is now that rusty orange.

The green is wondeful, and has the cool green accents inside.. so that is cool. The blue & silver both have the blue accents inside..

the other 3 colors: black, orange & shoreline mist all have the grey inside.

i would expected the interior for the organe to be cooler in color.. but eh.. who knows something might come out aftermarket or some custom shop might jump at the chance to create something!

My choice was the blue, it is really dreamy.. a true blue!

I wish you luck on your choice.. welcome to our clan.. and keep us posted.. welcome to the elemental world :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I find it rather ironic that Honda made this car for the 25 year old male and it is being sold to the 40+ set....male, female, couples....I am 44.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Christine -

You sound just like me. I needed a new car (or a new used car), having blown the engine out of my trusty Buick, and when I saw the Element I knew I had to have it. It was just - me! It was exactly what I wanted in a car. I called my local Honda dealer the day I saw the ad online, and they had just gotten their first one in (the test drive vehicle) the night before. They told me it would be ready to drive by noon and I was there. Then six weeks of paying for rental cars until one came in that wasn't already spoken for. Lucky for me, the next to arrive was a Blue 4WD EX auto, just what I wanted. It's also the first new car I've ever bought.

I've been driving it for almost a month now and I'm thrilled with everything about it. BTW, I'm also a woman, and 49. We know what's good. :wink:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
it is funny the women who are going for the element on this board, we all sound alike.. same excitement about this vehicle, same thoughts about it.. etc.. rather neat..

Hey TMac, new topic to ad... "Elemental Women" so we can kinda share our thoughts and such about the coolest vehicle on earth! Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts