Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 16 long years, my driver's side seat is starting to crack. Can I glue some vinyl fabric over the break, and then throw a cushion on the seat to keep it from breaking up some more? If so, what kind of adhesive would stick to this upholstery? Any other ideas? I just want to keep the seat useable for a while longer. Thanks.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I tried and failed miserably trying to repair it myself. The glue seemed to make it look worse and then it would crack more easily once it was hardened. In the last 100k I have had the drivers seat reupholstered twice on that drivers side. A few months ago I had them supplement the foam part underneath with some extra padding. Also had the drivers seat steam cleaned by a professional detailer. Man, I couldn't believe how much dirt came out of there, 15 years worth! I purchased the OEM light gray Element seat cover once, and didn't like it. Dirt showed up easily and it was uncomfortable compared to the original seat. I think having just the drivers side bottom (both vinyl sides of seat) reupholstered was $150 cash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts