Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many of you drive the Element hard enough to hear the Vtec cut in. I floor the car once and a while but maybe I don't reach high enough rpm's and that is why I don't hear it. Or maybe my exhaust is too quiet?

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,693 Posts
FYI, the vtec on the E's K24 turns on at 2200 rpm's and off at 1800.
I don't feel a thing when it does.

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,693 Posts
Simple, anytime the rpm hit 2200 the vtec turns on and activates the intake cam. When rpm drops to 1800, it turns off and uses just 1 intake valve. Not changed by coolant temp or any other variables.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
1,120 Posts
Just a little while ago while moving through some traffic and while in second gear (4 speed auto) I pushed the gas pedal to about 2/3 throttle at about 3500 rpm; and when it hit 5000 rpm it seemed to have a sudden extra boost of power, and went to 5500 rpm really quick before it shifted to third.

Is the the VTEC or just the cam profile?

Just curious.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Wiki says Element 2007 - 2011:
2400 RPM While in fuel efficiency mode. 4500 RPM in performance mode.

I don´t hear or feel it....

·
Registered
07 2wd 5-speedauto
1,693 Posts
I wired in an led to the vtec solenoid circuit. Drove it for a month, many full throttle pulls, and it always went into vtec at 2200 rpms. I'm sure the other versions of K24 kick in at diffrent rpms.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I wired in an led to the vtec solenoid circuit. Drove it for a month, many full throttle pulls, and it always went into vtec at 2200 rpms. I'm sure the other versions of K24 kick in at different rpms.
Interesting. Would tuning affect when the v-tec engages?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts