Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone in Ontario has received their recall notice for 2007-2008 Elements? I understood it was coming in late April. I'm still waiting for mine.

Thanks .... Ted

·
Registered
575 Posts
I received mine last week down here in North Carolina. Haven't had any problems with it but I'll have them check it out.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
i recieved my recall for the US Honda..... but not the Canadian one

lizzurd when can i come and drop the E to have the recall done?

·
Retired.
12,182 Posts
i recieved my recall for the US Honda..... but not the Canadian one

lizzurd when can i come and drop the E to have the recall done?

Let me find out what hoops have to be jumped thru to get the US one done. We should be able to get both done anytime.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Found it...Honda Canada FAQ Section 1

I have a U.S. model Honda, and I am now living in Canada. I have learned that American Honda issued a recall on my vehicle. Can I have the recall repair done at a Canadian Honda dealership?

Yes. Although the same recall may not have been issued in Canada, any Canadian Honda dealership can obtain the parts to perform the recall. If the same recall was not announced in Canada, however, or if the recall parts for affected U.S. models are different, the Canadian dealer may have to request a special parts order, which could take some time if the parts have to be ordered in from the U.S.

·
Retired.
12,182 Posts
I have a U.S. model Honda, and I am now living in Canada. I have learned that American Honda issued a recall on my vehicle. Can I have the recall repair done at a Canadian Honda dealership?

Yes. Although the same recall may not have been issued in Canada, any Canadian Honda dealership can obtain the parts to perform the recall. If the same recall was not announced in Canada, however, or if the recall parts for affected U.S. models are different, the Canadian dealer may have to request a special parts order, which could take some time if the parts have to be ordered in from the U.S.

I don't know what you schedule is like this week....Mine is insane as always since i am doing inventory in a couple of weeks.....We should be able to get them both done this week. Might be quicker for you to call our appointment desk and our girls can let you know the best time to bring them in.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am taking my "E" in today due to brake issues - I enquired about the recall when I made the appointment and they said that the recall notice went out but when he checked it went to my old address.

They will be taking care of it today I guess! :)
~Annie

·
Registered
839 Posts
We have only performed the recall on Odysseys here at the shop so far but if it's the same for the Elements, it's a pretty straightforward procedure. From what I understand, it is a gradual degredation in pedal feel and height due to air entering the braking system via the VSA assembly. I do not believe it is something where one minute your Element brakes fine and the next you have no brakes.

I know there was a noticeable difference when I performed the update to two Odysseys here at work, but I have to try it on an Element.

·
Registered
839 Posts
i did not feel a difference before/after
Most people probably won't Bernie. It's probably getting caught before the air has a chance to enter the system in an amount that will noticeable affect the pedal feel. Seems to be the Odysseys are the ones with the pronounced soft pedal.

I know the very first Odyssey soft pedal bulletin I performed had me bleed the brakes first to see if it changed anything, then it said to replace the VSA modulator unit and bleed everything again if the initial bleed did not repair the problem.

I'm assuming the new safety recall is a result of them finding the source of the air entering the system.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I received my recall notice Fri May 21. Interestingly, only a week earlier, I was in for regular service and mentioned that the pedal was getting long and soft. I'll let you know if the recall fixes it.

S.

·
Registered
60 Posts
A Difference So Far

I had my '08 SC in to the dealer for the brake recall last week. So far there is a big difference. The brake pedal used to be so soft that I would pump it a couple of times before attempting a full stop. (By the way, I still have less than 15,000 km on this one.) Any panic stop was rather disconcerting because the softness of the pedal made me wonder if it would stop in time. Fortunately it always did.
After the recall service I noticed an immediate difference. My first stop threw me against the seat belt! The brakes now feel really good. The pedal has a nice tight feel and stopping is pleasurably predictable. I just hope it lasts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts