Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know why this might be the case? For some reason I can get on the forums at work all the time, but anytime I try from home, I get "server connection timed out". I'd really like to be able to access the how-to's etc. from home. You know, where I actually can work on my E.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
What address are you using? When at home I just click on the Element Owners Club icon on my home page and it goes directly to here.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds more like a DNS issue. Are you using a firewall? Are you able to get through to any sites? Who is your service with?
No firewall, I don't have any problems with any other sites than this one. Service is through Time Warner Cable.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
I use twc (carolina.rr.com) too, but have no problem accessing this (or any other ) site. :confused:

It still sounds like a DNS issue though. Do you have more than one computer at home? Or is the cable modem connected directly to your computer?

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Go back and double check your settings in the hub, I'm betting you've got a filter configured somewhere.

Can you temporarily take the hub out and just use one computer connected directly to the modem and try that... I'm betting it will work that way. If it does, it has to be a setting the the wireless hub. ;-)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
theres not a seperate hub, its one combined unit cable modem/wireless router. I can try connecting directly to it with a cable, but at that point I'll be directly connected to the hub as opposed to wirelessly connected to the hub. There's no way I can connect directly to the modem.

Thanks for your help, I know this is a weird problem, especially b/c it literally is JUST this site. I visit a lot of other forums on the regular with no difficulties. I've never gotten this error for any other site other than EOC.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Have you tried your laptop elsewhere, like at a Starbucks hot spot? Just to see? Would narrow it down to either the TW Router or the Laptop. What OS version? Any built-in firewall filtering. Check security settings in your browser? Make sure it hasn't been set as a restricted site or something in your browser.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've been having the same problem. I have a laptop with Time Warner Cable as my IP & I'm running Windows Vista. My kids other 2 home computers can access the site - just not mine. This has been going on for a few months now. I've tried everything. Firefox & IE - same timeout message. I have no trouble with any other sites. :confused:

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've been having the same problem. I have a laptop with Time Warner Cable as my IP & I'm running Windows Vista. My kids other 2 home computers can access the site - just not mine. This has been going on for a few months now. I've tried everything. Firefox & IE - same timeout message. I have no trouble with any other sites. :confused:
Any suggestions out there?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Ping

Are you able to ping the website? This will help tell if it is a DNS issue or not.

You should get something similar to this...

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Also, what web browser are you using? Can you see if you also have this problem in a different browser? - Basically, can you duplicate the issue in both Internet Explorer AND say Firefox or Opera?

·
Registered
8,753 Posts
Ok, this has nothing to do with the site itself. This is always an issue with one of the following:

Computer
Browser
Firewall (hardware or software)
Router
ISP

There are a ton of things that could be causing this. If you're able to access the site from another computer then the site itself is up and operational. if it is only on one computer or multiple computers from the same location then it could be that location doing the blocking.

You can try clearing your cache, clearing your dns, checking your firewall, router, ISP, etc.

Not being a dick about this but you need to try some troubleshooting and list what you've done and what the results were with what you've tried.

Try this link as a start, then the two links at the bottom of the page could possibly provide more solutions.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Finally got TWC to troubleshoot this issue. Took them about an hour. We did a few tests & technical stuff with no luck. Ended up being their firewall on the TWC provided wireless router/modem. They are not sure why it was not allowing EOC through. It used to work fine. They turned it off for now until I decide what to do. I have my computers protected anyway, not sure why I needed both.
Still confused because my kid's computers both allowed me through to the site :confused: What a PAIN!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts