Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that I'm a domestic guy in any way, but why would one take a vehicle like this with heritage........

....and do something like this...

saw something like the above on my ride home from work.....

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Careful.....you'll be called a hater :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Hey....it could be worse!

Here are some other "Chargers."

1972....right around the same time the insurance companies & gas prices provided a nice ramp for Chrysler to "jump the shark."

Yuck...1976!

By 77-78 they were basicly an option package for the Monaco/Cordoba thing.

This is the "nicest" looking mid 80s Charger I've seen since the early 90s. :(

Carol Shelby tried to help.

Looking back to the 70s and 80s, the "new" stuff looks pretty good! :wink:

PS Maybe one of the mods can move this to the "other cars" section

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Hater.......................just had to

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
I saw a toolbag with Lambo doors on an Eagle Talon. I was like seriously. And he totally fit the part too. Looked like a pain in the ass to close the doors too.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I can see someone doing vertical doors on a 2 door car, and then, only sometimes, but on a 4 door car? I've seen a few newer chargers exactly like that pic, it was very dum... I also saw a car here in Arizona that was a stock Cadillac Eldorado with 22's, and it had giant chrome letters on the side that said "Haters Gonna Hate. Hate hate. Powered by Hatorade"

WHat I actually dislike more than verticle doors, is "broken" doors:

Can't find a pic, but on a 4 door car, the front doors will be lambo style, and the rear doors will be on a spinning hinge so they open and then sit at a crooked angle horizontally...

Or when a car is raised to make room for 24" ror 30" rims:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe the term for that is "donking", more like dorking. Another thing I don't get....

...slamming the car=lower center of gravity=better stability and handling

...lifting (i.e. jeep/truck) highter clearance and wider tires and axles for greater stability

...donking=jacking up the car with huge thin wheels tucked way under the chassis=ROLLOVER NIGHTMARE!

But again, if the driver likes it...it's his ride.

I'm sure I'll be called a hater for that one too.....

·
Registered
557 Posts
I believe the term for that is "donking", more like dorking. Another thing I don't get....

...slamming the car=lower center of gravity=better stability and handling

...lifting (i.e. jeep/truck) highter clearance and wider tires and axles for greater stability

...donking=jacking up the car with huge thin wheels tucked way under the chassis=ROLLOVER NIGHTMARE!

But again, if the driver likes it...it's his ride.

I'm sure I'll be called a hater for that one too.....
MY favorite was a guy on Cardomain that painted the word "Tonka" on the side of it... same raised design thing, and huge yellow wheels on grandma's yellow car. If I could only find it again...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts