Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In our 03 element -

I disassembled a bit of the ventilation system looking for the elusive mouse.

http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...+EX+ABS&catcgry4=KA4AT&catcgry5=HEATER+BLOWER

I can't get the fan - part number 7 in the link above to respond to the controls. The fan does turn for an instant when the car starts.

The fan spent a couple of weeks on the floor or the car - still attached to the power. I am afraid I may have overheated something - blown a switch - or burned out the moter - but I do see it turn for a quick moment when the car starts. I checked the fuses. One looked a bit brown (under the dash) -but not blown. I replaced it anyway. The fuses ounder the hood look fine. I also had an appliance repair guy check it with his meter today (he was working on the oven) and it seemed good to him. I opened up what I could and the motor itself looks pristine. The mouse did not get in it.

Also I did pull a bit of the centel console apart (under the radio - the panel with the middle speaker) and rmoved quite a bit of mouse dropping. It is possible something got loose in ther - but nothing is obvious.

I hate to take it to the shop -since whatever is wrong should be easly to fix myself - but I am not very knowledgebale about electronic controls/circuits.

I am at a loss as to what to try next. Any thoughts?

=================

I did try the test described on this page:

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49692&highlight=blower+motor

I counted 12 blinks...But well I guess I already figured there was a problem with the circuit so I don't really know where to go now...

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
With a mouse being in the system, plus a partial disassemble - I would be willing to bet there's a broken / eaten / damaged wire somewhere in the general area.

Wish I could tell you exactly where or what wire, but there's no way I know of to tell - other than physically looking.

Seriously, it's time to crawl up under the dash and start looking around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts