Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new element owner. I love it. My wife loves it. We go out in the evenings, lay back the seats, and look at the stars through the moonroof. We've hauled furniture in it. I can't find anything substantial wrong with it, except one thing - the capacity. I understand that maximum capacity is 675 pounds. That includes passengers. We are a family of four and we overload the vehicle when we all ride. Nevermind all of the luggage that could be stored on the luggage rack for those long trips. Our Element performed pretty well with the four of us in it, but it makes me nervous. I wonder if there is any movement on Honda's part to beef up the Element so that it can haul the size people that the seats were designed for??

·
Registered
176 Posts
i've hauled 6 medium sized guys (avg weight no less than 150 pounds) and experienced no problem with breaking, steering, lean, etc. that's ~900 pounds. The "ask-a-dealer" section has some more on this, where a salesman actually tested this to put our mind at ease. hope that helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts