Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my car alarm with keyless entry installed at a retail store, and they drilled a hole on my dashboard to place the LED. (please take a look at the picture below). I'm very upset with this damage. Did anyone have their alarm installed by the dealer? Where did they place the LED?
http://www.geocities.com/amlikaus/element3

·
Registered
608 Posts
When I had my alarm put in, I told the dealer where to put the LED. They put it in the 1st tray wall just to the left of the drivers wheel. It would be about down and left from where you had yours done. It disapears, but you can still see the light flashing when you walk by a dark car.

I will see what I can do about a pic.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The Honda installation instructions show the LED is to be mounted in the top center of the upper steering column cover which is that almost flat area between the steering wheel and the dash. I think you're right, that looks terrible! :oops:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Maybe you could have it repositioned to the steering column and have a body shop fill in the hole. Honda installed mine there. It should be a pretty small hole and hopefully not to hard to fix. I agree, I would be pretty PO'ed! What were they thinking!? :shock:

·
Registered
22 Posts
[quote:575a36f275="goldbox_E"]I''ve posted the picture on the web. I try not to look at it. It upsets me everytime I see the LED on my dashboard :(
http://www.geocities.com/amlikaus/element3
Do you think I can get it repaired in a body shop?[/quote:575a36f275]

I had my local alarm installer place the blue Alpine LED in the empty plate cover for the fog light switch, (to the right of the cruise control). I figure it will be a little while till I come up with the $400-$500 for the foglights including installation,
I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
Good Luck!
Dave.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts