Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the opportunity to communicate with JoJo about my SCA Car Cover and she was mostly interested in how it's held up. I have now used it for over a year and half now and have seen it in all types of weather, except snow, which we don't get here in SoCal. But it's done Santa Ana winds, rain and desert heat, and has held up remarkably well, I would have to say quite excellent!!!

The first thing I noticed about it when I first got it was how incredibly light it was and the ease of use for putting it on and taking it off. Putting it on was merely rolling it from front to rear, and reversing that to remove it. I've gotten so use to it by now that it makes my Element feel like the size of a sports car. One of the first things I tried was the 'water trick', whereas I stuffed part of it into a glass and basically poured water into it. There was absolutely NO LEAK!!! I felt real good about it right from the start.

The maintenance on it has been minimal, I usually rinse it off when it's on the car and wipe it off with a terry cloth towel and let it dry. That keeps it pretty clean as you continue to re-roll it up. I owned a detail shop in Beverly Hills for many years and I'm really picky when it comes to paint, so I'm sure as hell not going to put anything on my custom paint that going to scratch it. This car cover passes all of my test and has kept my car out of the 'elements', especially when my wife and I are out on the highway. You can also lock the cord for the bottom so that no one will steal it if you're at a motor lodge.

It also has a breathable quality that doesn't fog the paint and keeps all work you put in to polish your car intact. I also have a rear spoiler on my ride and Jerry was able to accommodate that with a custom cover which is perfect. Another word of advice, I had to take off the antenna each time I put the cover on, and put it back on each time I took the cover off. It's much easier to get the stubby antenna and then you never have to remove it and it fits under the cover without any problem.

I don't know how many of you have been on the fence about getting the South Coast Accessories Car Cover, but all I can tell you is that it was a great purchase for me! Jerry always stands behind his products and they are always of the highest quality. So, all I can say is..."Go for it!!!"

Chief

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
The 'E' Cover

Hey Jojo, Thank you for your purchase, it was a pleasure to take care of you. I'm sure you've noticed those wrinkles have gone away, as they roll it up tight to put it in the box for shipping. Your son will be in our thoughts and prayers, during his tour in Iraq.

Chief, we thank you for your complete 4 season review on the cover. We wish you the best at the 4th Annual Norm Reeves Honda Car Show. I'm sure your detailing Darth Raider as I'm posting this. We're proud to have you in our local So. Ca. group, and my bet is on Darth Raider to bring home the Good's. :grin:

Jerry and the gang at South Coast Accessories

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I'm thinking about one of these now that I won't have a proper garage anymore. Thanks for the review Chief.:)

·
Premium Member
3,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brawsie...this one is a "no brainer!" I have always considered the more polish that you have on your vehicle, the more paint protection you have. Polish and waxes provide you with a 'liquid garage' against the elements. But this is even better, because you can just wash and wax your ride as you normally do and your paint is protected by this 'portable garage.' That's got to be one of the best "win-win" situations for anybody who cares about their paint! Again, I'm thrilled with the cover and I'm sure you will be too!

Chief

1 - 6 of 6 Posts