Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I was driving back from michigan last weekend when out of nowhere, the car stalled. The rpm's started going down and the car didnt respond to the gas pedal. While this happen, it was hot outside, the air conditioning and radio were on. There was probably a phone charging too. The car didnt over heat.

After the car died on the highway, I pulled over. The air conditioner and the radio were still on so I dont see this as being a battery issue. I replaced the battery in this car almost exactly one year prior to this happening. Can anyone suggest what might have caused this?

·
Moderatorium
6,408 Posts
Oooooo... not enough information. Especially not enough information to make any preliminary diagnosis of battery or alternator condition. The "replaced battery a year ago" may even be a red herring.

Did it immediately restart? Restart after a waiting period? Restart with a jump? Restart with difficulty? Did the problem recur? Require a tow?

Possible causes are all over the map.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Your car up and stopped.
My first guess would have been alternator...but your radio and a/c still worked, so probably not. Your battery would have discharged.

I'm with Mike QBF... did it restart?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts