Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am having issues with my E remote. It became deprogrammed. I tried to reprogram them again to no avail. I ran the process several times. The doors unlock on the final process. I take the key out of the ignition. Try to lock and unlock nothing. Has anyone had this issue? Any idea what's going on?

·
Registered
2003 EX AWD auto
148 Posts
New batteries?

Reactions: philharmonic

·
Registered
2004 EX AWD AT in Orange
93 Posts
Far as I know about remotes, yeah, first just install a fresh battery and try again if you had not done so already.

After that, when it is apart, you can take a look at the circuit board for any broken parts. it can be hard to tell an not immediately obvious, but if there are any my money would be on it being one of the little black micro controllers. When they go bad you usually see a kind of melty deformity in the center or the chip. It would have to be replaced at that point.

On a side note, my OrageE didn;t come with one so i had to order it, about $150, but the parts guy just programmed it for me, no shop service charge. hopefully if you need a new one you have a similar experience at the dealer.

·
Registered
2009 LX, Auto, AWD, Omni Pearl Blue
51 Posts
Something to look out for when you tear your remote apart . . . the "snap dome switches" which are the little, circular copper pieces on the board that are the parts that actually gets depressed when you push on the switch . . . and which are held to the board with what looks like Scotch tape . . . on one of my remotes the glue on the Scotch tape had dried up, released, and the "snap dome switch" had shifted out of position such that the dome was not being actuated when I pressed the switch. I very carefully repositioned the "Scotch tape/snap dome switch" assembly and placed the smallest amount of superglue on the four corners of the Scotch tape. Everything now works.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the remote is functional. The car is actually stuck in Valet mode. So I can't arm or disarm with the remote. The panic button works on the remote.

·
Registered
2004 EX AWD AT in Orange
93 Posts
So the remote is functional. The car is actually stuck in Valet mode. So I can't arm or disarm with the remote. The panic button works on the remote.
Ahh okay.

So this is the manual you need if you don't already have it. That should help you fix the issue.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts