Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tried new Armor All Car Wash Wipes. Excellent product. It's a really easy way to clean your car. They're supposed to be used when your car is dirty, but not dirty enough to bother washing it w/ a bucket and hose. There are 10 large wipes to a box. I used 2 wipes for my whole car. Check Pep Boys for this product. I paid $3.99 for the box of 10. Protects Clear coat also.

·
Registered
23 Posts
BEWARE!!!!!!
I will never use Armorall wipes again they ruined my dash. The chemicals in them fogged my plastic on the speedometer/controls. Permanent haze. I wrote the company and they said to take rubbing compound and rub it off. It did not work well. I have used regular amorall on the dash with no problem. I can not believe their research dept. did not check this out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would be careful and only use these wipes after multiple water rises to remove road dust otherwise you will be using Armorall car "sanding" wipes.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Both Legolas and RVDIII are correct. If Armor All made bottled water, i wouldn't give it to a dying terrorist. They'd think up some way to screw it up. I certainly would not use the "wipes" not matter how much dirt was on the car - they will scratch the devil out of your finish.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Legolas I'm sorry to hear about your dash,javascript:emoticon(':(') but the Car Wash Wipes that i used are NOT the Armorall vinyl wipes that come in a plastic container. These Car Wash Wipes are are a new product and are to be used for exterior use only. They are to be used between car washes. They are NOT made for vinyl or plastic. I've had really good results so far. They also protect the clear coat. For the interior I've been using Vinylx w/ great results.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rushmore63 is right. I have bought and used the wipes he is talking about, and they work fine.

But ... they are made for wiping down the exterior, and that's the only place I use them. Nor would I use any other Armor All product on the interior due to the poor reputation and some negative experiences I had with Armor All on previous cars. That did not stop me from buying and trying these wipes, and I am happy with them.

- Steve

·
Registered
66 Posts
It is great that these wipes work for some people. The caution in using any quickie time saving product still applies. When you detail any car, dust in the air settles on all surfaces in just a few minutes. Especially if you drive or if the car is just sitting. For this reason many good professional detailers only wax a car indoors in a garage. It is always important that the surface of your car is rinsed completely or the dust in the air that settles on the car will scratch the clear coat without question. This fine scratching will be even more pronounced if you wipe the surface after you drive the car for a few days or more. In time, you will see these scratches in the clear coat become more visible to the point that the car will appear to have been sanded (numerous fine swirl scratches). The wipes may be safe for clear coat related to the chemicals they use, but rubbing the dust into the clear coat will take its toll in a very short period of time. My personal preference is if I have to go to the trouble of dragging out the hose to rinse the car, I might as well grab the mitts and the bucket. If people find the wipes more convenient, more power to you. Quickie clean up products usually come with a price beyond the initial cost. Unfortunately, some things just take time and effort to be done right.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I gotta say that I too have used these wipes and they are excellent. They are not really intended to replace a car wash, but work great if maybe you washed your car the day before and are wanting to freshen it up a bit.

Solid product.

The interior wipes do suck butt, though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts