Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a friend who owns a sign shop that also does vinyl vehicle graphics and wraps. They have some stock that is a pretty good rendition of laid up carbon fiber. I've seen several posts where people have painted their bumpers black and I like the look over the stock grey color. I'm considering doing the bumpers and the upper grille surround with the carbon fiber wrap instead of paint. It's a freebe, so that isn't an issue. I'm just wondering if it's going to look OK... What do you think? I stole a photo from a post and shopped the front to get an idea of what it might look like:

Attachments

·
Registered
873 Posts
not sure how it will hold up to road rash, but your wright.I pulled mine off today & it needs painting black,but not sure what color black & I havent ever painted plastic carparts, (well at least not full size car parts). I have painted plenty of cars. I guess I'll see if I got some black paint left to mix & shoot.how bad could it be???:razz: the part is cheep any way. and while I had that thing off I discovered that someone stole my front bumper !!!!!:shock: theres nothing but the plastic fashia !!!then thecondensor& raidator???wtf some one please addvise where do I get a bumper? at least the rear has a peice of hard plastic.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
+++ for trying something new. Keep it clean and it should last. As for road rash, don't follow so close.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
you will probably need to have the bumpers painted first. the wrap likely wont stick to the factory gray textured panels well. unless they have some magic solution for it, i dont think it will hold up. just what i have heard from tinter/wrappers that i know.

·
Registered
873 Posts
you will probably need to have the bumpers painted first. the wrap likely wont stick to the factory gray textured panels well. unless they have some magic solution for it, i dont think it will hold up. just what i have heard from tinter/wrappers that i know.
that was my thinken, not real road rash but ****,charlie, ron, and jack sparrow's dad. you know the guys,the stones:razz:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts