Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if any company makes a Carbon Fiber tailgate spoiler for our Elements? Someone have to have made one by now. I mean come on its a Honda. :)

·
Premium Member
3,652 Posts
Prelud023, not sure if this is going to help, but get a hold of this EOC memeber:
wrmx6. He has CF everything on his E. He doenst have a CF spoiler, but I am
sure he has the knowledge and ability to make one, or point you in the right
direction.

If you want a CF tailgate spoiler, go for it!!!

Here is a link to wrmx6's E.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55719

·
Registered
562 Posts
actually, i usually agree with the spoiler on the rear of a FWD is worthless. It seems silly to create downforce on the non drive wheels.....but by the way the E is designed a long enough flat plane extension on the back of the E, might cause enough turbulance to get a little better gas mileage. Unfortunately the length needed to improve the gas mileage significantly would probably look weird but it could be a functional use for a spoiler on our boxes.

could you carbon wrap an OEM style spoiler is you are going for a certain look?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
actually, i usually agree with the spoiler on the rear of a FWD is worthless. It seems silly to create downforce on the non drive wheels.....but by the way the E is designed a long enough flat plane extension on the back of the E, might cause enough turbulance to get a little better gas mileage. Unfortunately the length needed to improve the gas mileage significantly would probably look weird but it could be a functional use for a spoiler on our boxes.

could you carbon wrap an OEM style spoiler is you are going for a certain look?
The purpose isn't to create a downforce to speak off, it's to help keep the rear window clean.......................from H&A's website:
Rear Air Deflector
Genuine Factory Honda Element rear air deflector, does not match vehicle color, designed to contrast, not blend in. painted Gray to match the side steps, rocker panel trim (shown below) and front bumper trim. Aerodynamic design reduces debris build-up on rear window

if everyone was like everyone else, this would be one boring world.............

·
Registered
557 Posts
But back to the original question:

I like the idea of carbon fiber stuff, but the vinyl wraps they sell to make stuff "look" carbon fiber-y, they really don't look quite right, unless you buy a really expensive roll of it, but then you might as well have bought the carbon fiber, ya know? There's also people who paint it onto things by using those no-slip rolls you put onto shelving: these things:

You paint it black, then lay the mat down, spray silver, then lay it in a different patten (not sure what) and spray graphite.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
and i am overlaying my factory grille with carbon cause some idiot that hd my truck before me didnt know how to paint it, not to give it the apperence of being lighter or to "RICE" it up. I think that if he is looking for a carbon wing it is no different than looking at the factory wing. I wouldnt want the color that is on the factory one cause i think it wouldnt look good with my black wheels and RBM paint. Does that make it RICE too? Some people on here are very proud of things that i wouldnt necessarily do to my own E but it makes them proud to do something to it and there are others that are inspired by their idea to build something similar or better but that doesnt mean that we sould say "hahaha mine is way better than yours" People on here thatnk others for their idea and if they do make it better say "thanks for the idea, this is what i did with mine" Go ahead, carbon fiber up the wing, i would like to see how it turns out or if someone makes one also.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
were you the one that was going to do it an orange and black weave or something like that? I want to see what that looks like, never seen it before, but I like the idea. and I love carbon fiber stuff in general.
Yes that is mine. I have my all black carbon and should have the orange/black tomorrow or saturday. My main holdup is the resin. With it being a hazmat the shipping is turtle slow. I am chomping at the bit to just get firerglass resin but i know that it isnt the right way so it is killing me to have to wait. There will be pics once the process begins, and if it goes well there will also be some in the center caps of my DR34 black wheels that i replaced the stock SC's with.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lets stay on topic please....Prelud023 asked a legit question here.
Thanks Lizzurd. I was not trying to cause trouble.

I have been around cars since I was 15. I love all types not just one certain type. I really dont see what the big deal is if you like something for yourself, anyone else's opinion to me does not matter.

Thanks for the info AztecRol. I might have to contact him. I know I'm not the only one who has wanted a Carbon Fiber Spoiler. Personally I think it would look awesome. As for the functionality of spoilers, unless your traveling over 80 or higher, I think they are just for looks. I don't plan on hitting the drag strip anytime soon so I guess it will be just for looks.

:)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Does that make it RICE too? Some people on here are very proud of things that i wouldnt necessarily do to my own E but it makes them proud to do something to it and there are others that are inspired by their idea to build something similar or better but that doesnt mean that we sould say "hahaha mine is way better than yours" People on here thatnk others for their idea and if they do make it better say "thanks for the idea, this is what i did with mine" Go ahead, carbon fiber up the wing, i would like to see how it turns out or if someone makes one also.
Thank you. I completely agree with this. I think we would all like to see some CF on the Element as accents. If you get in touch with someone, AGAIN, try getting the side view mirrors and perhaps the front grille done to match.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I don't plan on hitting the drag strip anytime soon ...
:)
why not?:D

I like carbon fiber, okay I said that enough, looks like you got a few options to do it, I've never ever been sucessful with making anything out of fiberglass, so I assume I wouldn't do any better making anything out of carbon fiber.

You can always buy a spoiler intended for another car as long as it fits, or can be made to fit. Don't alter the car, but alter the spoiler to fit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yep, Wrmx6 has the carbon fiber ride. He's done an excellent job, not ricey at all, and executed nicely (he definitely wasn't going for the ricey thing).

Prelud023, not sure if this is going to help, but get a hold of this EOC memeber:
wrmx6. He has CF everything on his E. He doenst have a CF spoiler, but I am
sure he has the knowledge and ability to make one, or point you in the right
direction.

If you want a CF tailgate spoiler, go for it!!!

Here is a link to wrmx6's E.

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55719

·
Registered
478 Posts
i had used the carbon vinyl wrap for my gas ccover thingy....looks pretty legit...just depends on the type of pattern and all that...so if i were in ur shoes..and i had a rear spoiler..id just simply take a blow dryer and lay the vinyl on there and have at it!!

·
Registered
523 Posts
The purpose isn't to create a downforce to speak off, it's to help keep the rear window clean.......................from H&A's website:
Rear Air Deflector
Genuine Factory Honda Element rear air deflector, does not match vehicle color, designed to contrast, not blend in. painted Gray to match the side steps, rocker panel trim (shown below) and front bumper trim. Aerodynamic design reduces debris build-up on rear window

if everyone was like everyone else, this would be one boring world.............
He is looking for a spoiler, not a deflector. They also sell them on the HandA site directly below the product you mentioned. They are painted to match the car and they are designed differently.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I've been into the Honda performance scene since 1998 so I know what you mean Prelud023. I've been drooling over the Spoon duckbill for my EG for years but can't justify spending the $450 on it for the time being :rolleyes:. I also need to replace the fenders, hood and tailgate on the Civic and yet again I want to replace them with CF units but my damn wallet keeps laughing at me when I ask it :lol:.

I know you want CF but how about getting the actual Nighthawk Black Pearl painted rear spoiler? I know it's the CF look but since the Element spoilers are more fashion than function (well, the air deflector ones are functional but designed to clear the back window and not intended to increase high-speed stability), it will give it a nice contrast. You can always carbon-wrap it if you like for a better CF look.

Just a suggestion.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts