Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left work early yesterday to try to participate in the Ride of Silence bike ride being held in Key Biscayne. Unfortunately, on my way there a "wrench" was thrown into my plans. That wrench happened to be a 2 foot steel pipe that somebody happened to leave in the middle of the freeway. I couldn't avoid it in time and ended up running it over with my driver side front tire. As a result, the pipe became a projectile and ended up puncturing my fuel tank. I ended up dumping a full tank on the freeway and in the parking lot of a gas station I had pulled into to. I am just thankful that there were no injuries to myself or any other cars on the road. Maybe I should look into having a steel plate fabricated to protect that area?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
All that paper, looks like your Element pooped. :oops:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Glad you are okay. World is full of stupid people. On the lighter side, it only punctured the tank instead of getting lodged somewhere else that could have cause you to lose control and end up in a far worse situation.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
That does suck, I'm glad there was a safe outcome, good looking E by the way!

·
Registered
10,181 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
I was passed by someone in a Benz on I75 last night. The Benz picked up something on the road and busted my windshield. By the sound of whatever it was, it was steel :evil: Sorry about your gas tank, that's a NIZE looking ride...

·
Registered
724 Posts
Holy balls that blows!

Wasn't there someone on here a while back who was fabricating diamond plate steel plates to replace that bar?
My biggest gripe with the E by far is it's stupid "tank bar"...thing has caused me nothing but trouble with clearance issue...

@ OP:
*Glad you are alright
*Could be worse
*Love how they/you used what looks to be like several rolls of paper towels to clean-up
*Have one of the sharpest E's I've seen (seriously, I love the look).

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Happy Friday

All that paper, looks like your Element pooped. :oops:
Haha...yes that's what my friend said. More like petroleum diarrhea.

I was passed by someone in a Benz on I75 last night. The Benz picked up something on the road and busted my windshield. By the sound of whatever it was, it was steel :evil: Sorry about your gas tank, that's a NIZE looking ride...
Also sorry to hear about your windshield. Good thing it didn't go thru and injure you. I've heard/seen horror stories of people being speared by debris on the freeway. Yikes!

My biggest gripe with the E by far is it's stupid "tank bar"...thing has caused me nothing but trouble with clearance issue...

@ OP:
*Glad you are alright
*Could be worse
*Love how they/you used what looks to be like several rolls of paper towels to clean-up
*Have one of the sharpest E's I've seen (seriously, I love the look).
The gas station attendant was telling me to move my car b/c the gas was leaking on his property and also into a sewer, but there was no way I was gonna risk trying to start my car back up and move it. Besides, I had nowhere to move it to. So he took it upon himself to bust out the paper towels until the FHP notified the fire department. The FD put down some kitty litter and also plugged the hole(temporary) with some putty so my car could be towed.

On a side note, the Hott Box will/should be repaired by Monday evening/Tuesday morning. They had to order the part. 460 something installed...but those are insurance parts costs. The initial quote from Honda was 7 something installed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts