Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Element owner here looking for something that will protect the cargo area and backseat area (basically everything behind the front seats). Ideally I'm looking for something fairly hard, kind of like the vinyl mat one might use to protect carpet from a rolling desk chair. I load stuff in and out of the back constantly, and the floor is already getting pretty nicked up. Anybody have a suggestion? The "Elemat" stuff looks like it is too sticky from what I can tell on their site. Ideally I need to be able to slide things over it without much resistance. Material wise, the closest thing to what I need would be the bed liner of a pickup truck. Thoughts? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
New Element owner here looking for something that will protect the cargo area and backseat area (basically everything behind the front seats). Ideally I'm looking for something fairly hard, kind of like the vinyl mat one might use to protect carpet from a rolling desk chair. I load stuff in and out of the back constantly, and the floor is already getting pretty nicked up. Anybody have a suggestion? The "Elemat" stuff looks like it is too sticky from what I can tell on their site. Ideally I need to be able to slide things over it without much resistance. Material wise, the closest thing to what I need would be the bed liner of a pickup truck. Thoughts? Any help would be appreciated.
Get yourself some butcher paper, make a template, buy a cheap truck drop-in bedliner mat from an autoparts place, and cut yourself one. Did that for my son's truck, for loading and unloading his photo gear for location shoots. The rubber is heavy-duty, slick enough to slide big equipment cases on easily, and cost under $70.

·
Registered
428 Posts
You may also want to take a look at what I use for my E:

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54074

They are 3/4" thick. I constantly load heavy stuff in & out of my car, & they hold up very well. Both side are the same, so I flip them over constantly.

Just make sure you use a template to ensure they fit tight in the car, to prevent any sliding.

PS. By the way, for my updated version, I cut 2 holes for the floor, so they stay on the floor permanently right now. They also help cut down some road noise on the back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the ideas. the bed liner idea seems like a little too much work, but the foam tiles might work if they aren't too grippy. any other suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I use the same foam tile concept, but I got the cheaper, thinner puzzle tiles from OSH. They're about 1/2" thick, so not too bulky.
Easy in & out.
Not too grippy, as a matter of fact, they're a bit on the smooth side, even with the 'diamond plate' pattern.
Like I said, cheap, about $20 for a package of 6 tiles which covers the entire back seat and cargo area.

·
Registered
133 Posts
On Black Friday, Sears had a pack of 6 of these foam squares on sale for $10. I used all 6 in my E and they work great! My poor dog had a hard time sliding all around. The foam tiles are squishy enough so that she no longer slides around. Great investment!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
On Black Friday, Sears had a pack of 6 of these foam squares on sale for $10. I used all 6 in my E and they work great! My poor dog had a hard time sliding all around. The foam tiles are squishy enough so that she no longer slides around. Great investment!
^^That was a good deal,I think I payed $15.00 for a four pack from the Home Depot.:)

·
Registered
161 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts