Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a first time SUV owner, I'm aware of the potential for objects to move around in the cargo area and thought I should try to address with a safe, practical and inexpensive solution...something more than just anchoring. (Realted article in March Readers Digest - "Is your car really safe?")

I'm aware of the Honda products for cargo area but, was looking for something more durable that would isolate entire cargo area

Has anyone, installed some type of barrier behind the passenger seats to protect passengers from flying projectiles should there be an accident?
Have any pet owners addressed this?

·
Registered
253 Posts
I am a pet owner and as I posted on another link, I saw an advertisement for a barrier that fits right behind your back seats, like a little jail cell that is made to keep your pet in the cargo area, but it could also stop objects from flying out. It's www.mats.com

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Burnt-O

Thanks for the suggestion, I did not see your original posting. The barrier appears to be perfect for hard braking conditions and probably minor accidents.
I'll need to assess whether I want to install this type of barrier to handle those situations or opt for one that is crash tested. Disadvantage is the crash tested models require being bolted to the frame of the car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes, they are in motion the whole time you move the vehicle!!! I had my gun belt and my gas mask in the back and the gunbelt met me up front! It was funny! Now that I have the carpet mats, its not as bad! :oops:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I use a roll of rubbery-ish shelf liner to keep stuff from sliding. Got a collapsable cargo 'box' at Target, cheaper than Honda's. If you want to keep a larger area slide-proof, I saw some rubbery-ish yoga mats at Marshall's. I put a throw rug down when the dogs are onboard so they won't trip on the rear seat catch-holes.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I concur on the shelf-liner. If you can't find it locally, the store by me has 5'x1' rolls of dark gray liner that match the car quite nicely at 2 for $1. I'd be happy to send you some.

Drew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts