Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a good light duty expandable load stabilizer for the cargo area of the Element ?

I ofter carry boxes, the approximate size of a case of wine and the boxes always slide around on the walk-off type mat that I have in the back of the E.

An expandable bar would be ideal since it becomes a quick barrier and is more secure than a cargo net when carrying heavier items.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Shower curtain rod. You may have to cut it a bit.

·
Registered
836 Posts
one of those adjustable clothes hanging rods that go between the OH **** handles, drill a hole int he bar and attach it to the back cubby hole rails on each side. or do the shower curtain lol

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,820 Posts
HaulMaster to the rescue.

Do your cargo bars rattle? Does their contaant noise interfere with your driving pleasure? Have you ever wished that you could find a cargo bar that just worked?

Well, friend, there's great news.

Now you don't have to put up with that rattling each time you hit a bump. Now you can get a professional quality heavy-duty cargo bar for the same price!!

Introducing the HaulMaster Haul-Master 2-in-1 Support cargo bar!!!!!

The Haul-Master 2-in-1 Support cargo bar solves every one of your cargo bar problems.

No more rattles!!! No more twisting and turning to adjust it to your application!! No more gouges on your interior panels! It just works! Just squeeze it and leave it!!

The rubberized end plates of the The Haul-Master 2-in-1 Support cargo bar won't slip, slide or mar the interior panels of your Honda Element!! Pop off both end plates. The ball ends fit in the square recesses in the rear cargo area sidewalls of your Honda Element, or you can use it with webbing loops and the panic handles as a clothes bar!! Take off just one end plate and you have a nice strong pole for supporting a camping tarp on your next outdoor adventure!! Its blue and black high quality finish will make a handsome addition to any Element hauling cargo!!

Plus, its 66# vertical static load capacity makes it a nice study brace when you are installing drywall paneling on ceilings!! Just try THAT with your spring tension shower curtain rod!!!

Watch how easily the Haul-Master 2-in-1 Support cargo bar adjusts to fit your load!! The large ergonomically-designed adjustment knob lets the bar smoothly telescope into position. Two quick squeezes of the compression handles and the bar is securely in position!! Flip the release lever and the bar instantly releases for another use!!

It's just that simple with the Haul-Master 2-in-1 Support cargo bar!!! Just squeeze it and leave it! (smiling woman - 'HaulMaster just makes me happy!!')

We're sure that you'll want to get this fine piece of precision crafted machinery for your Honda Element, but wait! There's more!

For a limited time you can get the Super Bright 9 LED ALuminum flashlight for no additional cost! Makes a great stocking stuffer. Put it in your glove compartment overhead bin or storage armrest for unexpected emergencies, camping, checking your kids for sore throats, signaling rescue aircraft or shine it upward on your face to look spooky on Halloween! It has 2010 uses and it's free, free, FREE, for just stopping by to look at the cargo bar!

Now, you might expect to pay up to $197 for a cargo bar of this quality, but due to a special arrangement with the factory (and a huge oversupply), there's a special offer.

Not $39.95. Not $19.95. Not even $9.95. No, you can get your very own HaulMaster 2-in-1 Support/Cargo Bar AND a 9-LED high power personal pocket-sized flashlight for the next 30 days the low, low price of just $7.99!

Quantities are limited (to a large finite number)! Don't delay! Get yours today!!
--------
Look at Harbor Freight 66172. In the holiday ad inserts there's a coupon to get the cargo bar for $7.99, another coupon for a free 9-LED flashlight (no purchase required)! I got one of these bars this summer and shortened it for more flexibility in placement inside my Element. The spring is a compressed part of the locking mechanism and doesn't rattle.

:hol032:

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cargo stabilizer

Shower curtain rod. You may have to cut it a bit.

Thanks Espina !

I did get an adjustable shower curtain rod at The Christmas Tree Shop, just happened to be there with my wife, it fits and works flawlessly and was less than $5.00 ! How can you beat that ?

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,820 Posts
Phantom Postings?

Did anyone else get an alert about an off-the-wall posting to this thread from "uthiff", that wasn't there when you followed the link?

I'm now getting an alert like this almost every day from the forum, each time the post and the user don't exist. (I'm concerned because my secure web browsing log shows that one of the sites that try to load components when you follow the links in these "phantom" message alerts is in the "de" country domain, which suggests a potential man in the middle attack.)

I'd understand these posts and user accounts being purged by the moderators , but it would be better if they'd leave a "post deleted by moderator" placeholder when a post is removed.

·
12,179 Posts
Did anyone else get an alert about an off-the-wall posting to this thread from "uthiff", that wasn't there when you followed the link?

I'm now getting an alert like this almost every day from the forum, each time the post and the user don't exist. (I'm concerned because my secure web browsing log shows that one of the sites that try to load components when you follow the links in these "phantom" message alerts is in the "de" country domain, which suggests a potential man in the middle attack.)

I'd understand these posts and user accounts being purged by the moderators , but it would be better if they'd leave a "post deleted by moderator" placeholder when a post is removed.

When a spammer posts to multiple forums we don't always read each individual post. For example this morning i deleted 9 posts by 3 different spammers. At 5am i am not really in the mood to seek out and read all 9 posts when with a few clicks of the mouse i can make the spam postsdisappear.

·
Registered
2008 Element EX AWD
2,820 Posts
When a spammer posts to multiple forums we don't always read each individual post. For example this morning i deleted 9 posts by 3 different spammers. At 5am i am not really in the mood to seek out and read all 9 posts when with a few clicks of the mouse i can make the spam posts disappear.
lizzurd: I understand and sympathize with your situation.

What it points out is that our site doesn't use the latest generation forum software and tools, so our moderators don't have access to the latest generation forum management tools- yet. :-(

When (if) we do, forum alerts will have the posters' name in the response link (hint), which makes redirection of all links pointing to deleted spam posts an automatic operation of the db, and disabling the spamming account, deleting all posts from the spamming account and setting up an agent to backtrack and identify the spam origin for blacklisting and prosecution will be a three-click moderator/administrator operation.

Maybe next year, in time for the next generation Element.:)

ps: Spammers make life miserable for everyone, but as a sysadmin, I'm painfully aware that preemptive admin actions without explanations to the users is the number one reason why IT has gotten such a bad rep with its customers, the users.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts