Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't you love that technical language - 'thingy'? :wink:

I saw something that seems similar in dimension and features to the product Honda is selling for the E, at a darned good price.

http://tinyurl.com/bl3q

Anyone have the Honda Cargo Organizer? What do you think of it? Does it anchor down in any way?

Right now in my Trooper I've got one of those oversized tupperware storage boxes that slides around. It was cheap, but it holds umbrellas, ice scraper, flashlight, etc.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I really like the cargo organizer and it does hold groceries and other things in place without slip sliding away. I also got the cargo net for odd shape things like my window shade and my soccer balls. I also suggest the cargo tray so that your truck bed will not scratch so easily. The cargo organizer is anchored with 2 straps that attach to the side trunk and will not slid around.

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:ecde702394="Element"]I also suggest the cargo tray so that your truck bed will not scratch so easily. .[/quote:ecde702394]

I agree. The tray is really nice. Adds a lot of protection (and good looks) to the trunk area and also strengthens the flexibilty of the panel over the spare tire. I currently have a folded tarp, between the spare and the stock tire cover. This combined with the Cargo Tray makes the trunk area very tough.

·
Registered
261 Posts
does the cargo tray stay in place with the rear seats out (or folded up against the sides) or would it slide around when the rear seats are not there?

·
Registered
204 Posts
The organizer stays in place with the aforementioned straps/hooks. The other cool thing is that you can anchor in a number of different ways with the back seat(s) folded or removed. You can anchor it against either side or side to side just behind the front seats. The organizer and net are my most used accessories. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
261 Posts
jdef,

thanks for the reply, but was asking about the cargo tray (not the organizer). i have already ordered the organizer (tired of my groceries sliding all around), but i would like to know if the tray stays in place as well.

thanks,

mborkow

·
Registered
359 Posts
[quote:20c371873e="mborkow"]jdef,

thanks for the reply, but was asking about the cargo tray (not the organizer). i have already ordered the organizer (tired of my groceries sliding all around), but i would like to know if the tray stays in place as well.

thanks,

mborkow[/quote:20c371873e]

Yes the tray does stay in place since it is molded to fit around the bend in the side storage areas found in the trunk area. The biggest problem with the tray is that there is a 1 1/2" rasied lip around the entire edge. This ads to a great finshed look and makes the trunk look mighty fine. However, this lip would stop you from using the tray with the back seats taken out or folded against the interior sides of the car. In other words you cannot lay a flat heavy cargo piece across the tray as it might damage or crack the raised lip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts