Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my carpeted floor mats from H & A yesterday & I don't really care for them. The color is gray with blue speckles in it & it simply doesn't match my Orange EX!

Does anyone know if this is the only stock color combo available?

Thanks for the read!

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:55830c468a="magicrat"]I received my carpeted floor mats from H & A yesterday & I don't really care for them. The color is gray with blue speckles in it & it simply doesn't match my Orange EX!

Does anyone know if this is the only stock color combo available?

Thanks for the read![/quote:55830c468a]

I'm sure you can sell them to someone who has a Silver or Eternal Blue Element.

That's the only color I saw on the H&A site.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If anyone is interested in buying these carpet mats for my cost, plus shipping...please contact me ASAP.

I have requested a Return Authorization # from H & A, however I can cancel the return within 45 days.

Thanks for the read!

·
Registered
80 Posts
The carpets only come in one color, the grey with blue flecks. I guess the designers felt it would match both interior types. I have the Shoreline Mist with the dark interior. The mats look ok. It is an improvement over the stock floor.

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:bf7c966597="Tygh"]The carpets only come in one color, the grey with blue flecks. I guess the designers felt it would match both interior types. I have the Shoreline Mist with the dark interior. The mats look ok. It is an improvement over the stock floor.[/quote:bf7c966597]

I really don't mean to sound snarky but...

if you wanted carpet - why get an E, where one of the E's chief differences is - no carpet?

I really don't mean to sound judgmental. I am mostly asking about your reasons for getting carpet.

I mean, I plan to get floor mats, sometime, maybe. But not carpet ones.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have an orange Element and the speckled mat. I think it looks fine.

I like the combination of the flooring and carpet. Why is that an issue with some owners, like it's some kind of sin? Why do you have to have carpet over carpet?

At least with the Element you can take out the carpets and hose them down on the driveway, then let them dry. With carpeted interior, you have to use high cost (and smelly) cleaners to get rid of stains and spills.

Adding the carpets makes it just a little quieter and less echoey inside. I believe this is the main reason the headliner is the way it is, as sound absorption.

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:cd700b20a0="Einstein"]At least with the Element you can take out the carpets and hose them down on the driveway, then let them dry. With carpeted interior, you have to use high cost (and smelly) cleaners to get rid of stains and spills.

Adding the carpets makes it just a little quieter and less echoey inside. I believe this is the main reason the headliner is the way it is, as sound absorption.[/quote:cd700b20a0]

Excellent point! Smelly carpet cleaners = instant headache for me. In my home I use only the Orange line of products, or Target's new Method products - both based on natural ingredients. Synthetic detergents and such are just nasty.

I must say the one part I'm not looking forward to in an E is "New Car Smell." That smell is actually formaldehyde off-gassing from carpets, glues, fabrics and such found in most cars. I didn't notice it much in the E I drove - and oh, am I glad! In my previous new cars, I've taken them immediately to be shampooed and cleaned using products of my choice, and left the doors and windows open as much as I could during those first few months.

Also good point: sound dampening. I hadn't thought of that at all.

Thanks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
We weren't going to get carpets, but our elderly weimaraner kept slipping on the floor. Even the younger chesapeake bay retrievers were spooked by the lack of purchase.

However, unlike regular carpetted cars, these easily come out and can be hosed off at a car wash and dry quickly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I too originally purchased them because my old dog wasm slipping on the floor surface!

Unfortunately, I am pretty anal about things like color match, so I have traced the patterns of the front, rear & cargo areas onto templates & will be bringing them to a local carpet store to have customs made.

Thanks for the responses!

[quote:690e30dc83="TheLusciousHellcat"][quote:690e30dc83="Tygh"]The carpets only come in one color, the grey with blue flecks. I guess the designers felt it would match both interior types. I have the Shoreline Mist with the dark interior. The mats look ok. It is an improvement over the stock floor.[/quote:690e30dc83]

if you wanted carpet - why get an E, where one of the E's chief differences is - no carpet?

I really don't mean to sound judgmental. I am mostly asking about your reasons for getting carpet.

I mean, I plan to get floor mats, sometime, maybe. But not carpet ones.[/quote:690e30dc83]

·
Registered
39 Posts
.....I purchased the carpet for my E and love it...

If your wife comes running into your E out of the rain and her heels slide and she goes "bang" it may change your mind. Another plus for us is that our Chocalte Lab can get a purchase and not slide around.

When you want to go to the beach or where you expect sand or dirt, 15 seconds and the mats are out of the car.

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:cedcddf9a7="M Ornett"]We weren't going to get carpets, but our elderly weimaraner kept slipping on the floor. Even the younger chesapeake bay retrievers were spooked by the lack of purchase.

However, unlike regular carpetted cars, these easily come out and can be hosed off at a car wash and dry quickly.[/quote:cedcddf9a7]

Another great point.

Great dogs need a great place to be their great dogs selves. So carpets it is!

My Wire Haired Fox Terrier, who would like us to refer to him as being in his prime, thank you, is a bit of a shaky boy. This is something for me to consider too.

·
Registered
540 Posts
magicrat said:
I too originally purchased them because my old dog wasm slipping on the floor surface!

Unfortunately, I am pretty anal about things like color match, so I have traced the patterns of the front, rear & cargo areas onto templates & will be bringing them to a local carpet store to have customs made.

Lovers of old dogs unite. I should put a picture of Henry here.

Great idea about custom carpets too!

Long ago, when my father had his car dealership, where he sold classic Mercedes, BMWs, Jaguars, etc. he had a customer come in to the repair shop with fabulous Persian carpets in her car.

How did she acquire these? Simple. Her beautiful living room rug had been ruined by her naughty cat, so she cut up the usable remnant for her car.

Now THAT's expensive car carpet!!!! :shock:

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:ec788bb15c="billybud"].....I purchased the carpet for my E and love it...

If your wife comes running into your E out of the rain and her heels slide and she goes "bang" it may change your mind. Another plus for us is that our Chocalte Lab can get a purchase and not slide around.

When you want to go to the beach or where you expect sand or dirt, 15 seconds and the mats are out of the car.[/quote:ec788bb15c]

Wife safety - you bet. In this case, it'd be safety for my mom.

Another dawg lover. Yay!

And yep - removable. Removable, rinsable, and sound deadening.

You guys make good arguments for carpet!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I didn't purchased the mats but when I picked up my GG EX 4X4 they were in there. They don't match very well with the green but I do agree that without them the floor is too slick.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What will it cost me to get you to mail a set of those templates to me in SC?

[quote:321a61284a="magicrat"]I too originally purchased them because my old dog wasm slipping on the floor surface!

Thanks for the responses!

[quote:321a61284a="TheLusciousHellcat"][quote:321a61284a="Tygh"]The carpets only come in one color, the grey with blue flecks. I guess the designers felt it would match both interior types. I have the Shoreline Mist with the dark interior. The mats look ok. It is an improvement over the stock floor.[/quote:321a61284a]

I mean, I plan to get floor mats, sometime, maybe. But not carpet ones.[/quote:321a61284a][/quote:321a61284a]

·
Registered
25 Posts
TheLusciousHellcat said:

I mean, I plan to get floor mats, sometime, maybe. But not carpet ones.

"No carpet" isn't a selling point at all for my E -- it's all about personal preference; ability to customize the E without breaking the bank. Removeable carpet, ability go carpet or floor as needed, easy cleaning....all those things are very attractive, allow me to dress the car up or down.

I like a fresh plushy carpet most of the time, but when I've got gigs where I need to haul stuff, or Home Depot trips? It's cargo floor time.

·
Registered
724 Posts
To be honest I don't think you can really see the blue unless you are less than a foot from it. The grey definitely washes out the blue.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts