Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any GGreen E owners who have purchase the carpet floormats, do the colors contrast that much?

I've read a few posts where some owners returned the mats because they had a blue-ish color to them and it did not match the green interior.

I would easily go for the all-season mats but the wife feels carpeting would be best for our 3 month old. (doesn't make sense to me either .... its not like the baby will be crawling around on the floor)

Pics would be great ......

I'd like to hear you opinions.

-Nick

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've got a Green E due in a few weeks (there's a name- Greenie!), and rather than the Honda carpets I thought I'd get some fake Persian rugs from Target or some such, make a curtain from Indian batik prints, and recreate that VW van I always wanted in the late 60s. Wow... colors....

·
Registered
608 Posts
Well, we have a green E, but we went with the all season mats. We are thinking about the carpet for summer months, better on the barefeet, but have not made up our minds yet. :D Sorry, I can't help

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
yeah i hope the baby willnot be crawling around.. is your wife feeling ok?
Heck the all season you can hose off the spit up puke and food thrown on the floor much easier..

I had not heard the carpetted were blue. where did you hear that.. ok those with the carpetted mats we need to hear from ya!!

Carpetted mats, what is the color???

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nick,

My dealer had to do a dealer trade to get my Galopagos Green EX 4WD, and when it arrived the original dealer had forgotten to take out/off the carpet mats and the spalsh guards. My dealer called and then said to keep them...lucky me!

Regarding the mats, they are a dark gray (similar to the outside body panels and floor) with the main threads being this same color. However, the background threads (the low lying rows of threads beneath the big gray rows) do have blue in them. It's kind of one of those blues that you really don't notice in shadows but is more evident (like a Caribbean blue with a slight hint of a green) in sunlight.

To be honest, I didn't even realize that there was any blue in it until I read your post and then went out to look. I think they look fine, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If you're a stickler about everything matching to a T, then you'll definitely want to look at them before you spend any money. Otherwise, I think you'll be satisfied with them since they usually appear dark gray since they're in the shadows of the dash and seats.

Sorry I don't have any pics, but I hope that helps.

HondaHappy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts