Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a Honda Ruckus from a friend, and I need a way of bringing it with me long distances, anyone know where I can purchase this?

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
There are several places. We have dealers in the area that sell trailers, that have them. There are also places that carry truck caps, that have them.

Then there the motorcycle shops that have them also.

Thy this link: http://www.nextag.com/motorcycle-carrier-hitch/stores-html

or this one: http://www.pricegrabber.com/motorcycle+carrier+hitch/products.html/form_keyword=motorcycle+carrier+hitch/st=query

The one I like, is light weight, This link has a list of stores that have it in stock: http://sporting-goods.pricegrabber.com/accessories/m/65167028/search=motorcycle carrier hitch/st=product/sv=title/

Dom

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Just take the seats out of the E, it'll fit back there. Of course you won't be able to get anything else back there, but what else could you possibly need besides your E and Ruckus?

·
Registered
816 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
6,238 Posts
Check out =>

Similar to the one Dom.five likes but cheaper (quality as well as price). I was considering it to carry a long recumbent bike which weighs 50 pounds.

I like that one also. The deal with the E is, Just how much weight do you want to hang back there? I looked for the strongest, lightest unit I could find.

The thinking was/is it would save money in replacement parts. Plus, I'm old. I don't need to be dealing with a heavy object putting it on and taking it off. The lighter weight unit I can easily stick overhead in the shed, when it's not in use. Or just hang it on some peg board in the garage. You younger types have no need to consider this at all. At least not yet.

Dom

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Recently purchased a Honda Ruckus from a friend, and I need a way of bringing it with me long distances, anyone know where I can purchase this?

It looks like you got a BIG Ruckus... Cool Beans!!!!

Drop me a line when you get tired of it. I am trying to score one for a song!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I havent been on here in along time and just happen to catch this thread pretty cool. You can fit it inside, you have to take the mirrors off and back it in with the rear fender between the front seats and use the tie down points at the rear with the rear seats folded up or do this

I built my carrier with alittle help from my mig welder, I had this setup for our annual trip to the outer banks

I put on a uhaul hitch with a 2" reciever and it barely squatted the rear with me, my wife, my son, and my 100lb chocolate lab and aton of gear in her :razz: Sorry bout the ****ty pics I took them with my phone before we left for vacation.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Here is my friends Ruckus in my Element. We picked it up in Savannah, Ga and carried it and three people back to Central Florida. The Ruckus was inside the Element with the mirrors off and the back fender had to bend a little to close the tailgate. We only took one rear seat out and the passenger seat as far forward as possible. Note: Passenger had very little leg room, must be a small person. Sheets helped protect panels from scratches.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info guy! I used to carry it around in the back but it now won't fit due to installing a frame extension, plus it was always a pain in the ass putting it and taking it out without anyones help.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One more question regarding this topic. Will the Element with a class one hitch be able to carry the my Ruckus (180lb +) without any problems? I believe its the tongue that I need to be concerned about.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Gump, my book says max trailer total weight loaded is 1,500 lbs, and that tongue weight should be 10 percent of trailer total, so it seems the max tongue weight is 150 lbs.

Although I have massively over-shot those limits for short firewood or gravel runs, I'd be leery of regularly hanging 180 lbs of bike plus maybe half that again for the hitch-mount rig off the E's backside. I know the earlier poster showed pics of doing it, but I'm still leery. A little wiggle on that long hitch post, a little metal fatique, and next thing you know your bike is having an accident without you.

Realizing it wouldn't be quite the same, how 'bout a small trailer?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd think the Ruck and the hauler/ramp might be a little heavy for the Element but you might be OK. I have a Met and plan on putting it in the back. I think I'm a little shorter than you are. (Met to Ruck.) I've considered looking to see my my RoadGlide will go in the back of the Element if I take the windshield off. Maybe I need a small trailer. ;-)

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
Anyone have any recommendations on ramps? I'm looking for one so I can roll my ruck out.
Get that new Dog Ramp on th 2010 Element, it should be perfect for what you're looking for. Check with Trevor over at H&A and see if he can help you out!

Chief

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Get that new Dog Ramp on th 2010 Element, it should be perfect for what you're looking for. Check with Trevor over at H&A and see if he can help you out!

Chief
Thx Chief! I'll look into that! :)

*update*
Ouch! Looks like the dog friendly kits are limited, PLUS they can't part out the kit... It's well over $900+ for the kit, and all I am looking at is the ramp.

Here's some more pics:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts