Honda Element Owners Club banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
If this is just for occasional hauling, check out one of the folding trailers available. Such a trailer would provide a quick and easy way to load, plus offer other utility use around the house. They also fold up nicely which helps with storage space.

Cheap Harbor Freight version: http://www.harborfreight.com/1195-lb-capacity-48-inch-x-96-inch-heavy-duty-foldable-utility-trailer-with-12-inch-wheels-90154.html?utm_source=hftusa&utm_medium=hftusa&utm_campaign=buylink

Pricey option: http://www.redtrailers.com/ShowTrailer.asp?id=1

·
Registered
282 Posts
haha...you guys and your ruckuses... :p

(transporting a buddy's r6 that he'd just crashed)

and i regularly throw this scooter into the back of the element.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Thx Chief! I'll look into that! :)

*update*
Ouch! Looks like the dog friendly kits are limited, PLUS they can't part out the kit... It's well over $900+ for the kit, and all I am looking at is the ramp.
then try the dog ramp from Costco online. it was $80 on sale and handles 500 lbs. more than enough for 2 people and a dog, unless they're all monsters. the ramp is somewhat heavy and folds in half. a bungee cord holds it closed.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Thanks guys! Just checked out the Costco ramp, not bad at all. A ruckus is about 200-ish lbs anyways.

I do have a Harbor Freight, I should go check them out as well.

then try the dog ramp from Costco online. it was $80 on sale and handles 500 lbs. more than enough for 2 people and a dog, unless they're all monsters. the ramp is somewhat heavy and folds in half. a bungee cord holds it closed.
If you want to carry it inside, a folding ramp might be ideal. Do you have a Tractor Supply Co. store near you? They have several choices, including these:

Harbor Freight also has a nice one at a good price, but it's on backorder right now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You would only have to take out 1 seat to fit a Rucus in !
Actually you don't need to remove either seat, just recline them both and it'll go right in with a ramp. I carry my ruck in my E now. It makes alot easier of an experience by chopping the tail off your ruckus. Heck, I could likely live in my element with my ruckus if worst comes to worst. If I need the space just lock the scoot to my car at night.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just take the seats out of the E, it'll fit back there. Of course you won't be able to get anything else back there, but what else could you possibly need besides your E and Ruckus?
Remove seats? But why? Honestly I could sleep in my E with both seats in folded up, of course and my ruckus moved to one side.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
694 Posts
Remove seats? But why? Honestly I could sleep in my E with both seats in folded up, of course and my ruckus moved to one side. View attachment 202688
That's awesome! : - )

It' still amazes me about all the different combinations of things that you can do with (or without!) the seats in these cars!

·
Registered
4 Posts
That's awesome! : - )

It' still amazes me about all the different combinations of things that you can do with (or without!) the seats in these cars!
I wholeheartedly agree! I've wanted one of these for quite some time and foolishly passed up my previous opportunity to own one of these awesome little toasteresque SUV's!

·
Registered
2003 Honda Element Sunset Orange Pearl 2WD Automatic 135K Miles I Love It!
694 Posts
For the longest time I was on this "buy American only" kick with my cars. But my son got in a bit of a financial bind and I bought his 2011 Accord for my wife to drive, and I really liked it! So it opened up my mind to more possibilities! (LOL)

So back in ~ March of 2017 my '03 Dodge Caravan (American!) died due to a broken timing belt and the usual internal engine damage that causes. My trusted local mechanic even told me it's not worth fixing; but instead he tossed me the keys to this Honda Element that he just bought, and said "you should buy one of these, take it for a drive!"

Now up until that point, I didn't even know what a Honda Element was! Seriously! But, it was love at first drive! I simply had to have one! My mechanic liked it a lot too, and refused to sell it to me! : - (

But that started me on a quest to find the right deal. And while you do see a lot of Elements around here (SW Florida), their owners really like them and tend to keep them for a very long time! Consequently, they don't come up for sale very often.

It took until June of 2018 (a year and 3 months later) to find that "right" deal and I got a great value for the money! The only way it could have been better was if it was painted Kiwi (my all time favorite Element color). But hey, I got my second all time favorite Element color: Sunset Orange Pearl!

BTW we did end up fixing the cruddy old Caravan; due to my wife, son, and father in law having some kind of emotional attachment to the old wreck!

Besides, Honda, now with all of the USA factories and high percentage of USA built component parts, is a more "American" company than Fiat / Chrysler! Think about it!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts