Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tired of paying outrageous prices for commercial cat climbers, towers, and scratchy pads? Here's a place for you to discuss homemade versions for all your cat climbers and clawing toys! If you make them, please post pictures and instructions and if you're curious, come in and find inspiration!

I'll get things started with an ultra-basic, ultra cheap, and ultra-simple flat jute or sisal rug-on-a-board.

THINGS YOU WILL NEED:
1 box 1/2" staples
1 Sheet of cheap 3/8" plywood or leftover scrap board. Do not use OSB or particle board!
Saw
1 Jute or sisal rug

1 Arrow hammer stapler or electric staple gun. I prefer the hammer version, but get what suits you.

1. Obtain an El-Cheapo jute or sisal throw rug from TJ Maxx or similar outlet store.

2. Place your rug on the plywood and trace. Cut out the traced out part. You don't have to be too careful with straightness, it'll be mostly hidden and it's for your cats to claw on anyway!

3. Once the plywood is cut out, place the rug on it and starting with a corner drive staples through the rug into the plywood:

4. Staple all the way across one end, then start down the sides making sure the carpet is pulled flat as you go.

5. Once the edges are done, add a few rows of 3-4 staples evenly spaced across the middle of the rug to keep it flat.

6. Rub with catnip, hang on the wall, and watch the carnage begin!!

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
95 Posts
Where's the rodent?????

What, no test-driver rodent to demonstrate your nipped creations????

We want to see the rodent! Long-tailed, cute pointy ears, similar to Batman with far more advanced grooming habits... real organic whiskers (let us overlook a few explicit grooming practices). Distant relative of Morris and Fritz.

Special consultant on 'Charmin' commercials. That rodent.

Answers to the code words 'Treats!!!!' or 'Tuna fish ! '.

If NASA can provide footage, Sir, it is the 21 st century, produce the test data.

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What, no test-driver rodent to demonstrate your nipped creations????

We want to see the rodent! Long-tailed, cute pointy ears, similar to Batman with far more advanced grooming habits... real organic whiskers (let us overlook a few explicit grooming practices). Distant relative of Morris and Fritz.

Special consultant on 'Charmin' commercials. That rodent.

Answers to the code words 'Treats!!!!' or 'Tuna fish ! '.

If NASA can provide footage, Sir, it is the 21 st century, produce the test data.
No rodents, but I do have several members of the Felis Domesticus and Felis Lardicus species I can get pictures of in said testing stages. Actually I just completed these two last night, haven't even gotten them hung yet. Also wait til I get pictures of my Kitty Castle, complete with an old subwoofer box that goes almost up to the ceiling for the Bachelor Pad Penthouse! :lol:

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 3 of 3 Posts