Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all- I just bought a 2008 EX yesterday and only now discovered I now have a target for catalytic converter theft. I have good insurance, but I’m seeing some people have had their cat ripped out multiple times.
The one I bought had its car converter ripped out on the lot, and the dealer replaced it.
I can’t park my element in the garage, so I have looked at the “cat clamp.” I know it can only deter, but since I work at a hardware store, I had the thought of further threading the cable Through sections of metal pipe, to add another level of protection against some opportunist with a sawzall.
Sure, it would be a further headache to put on and take off, but Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2005 m/t EX AWD
2 Posts
Hey all- I just bought a 2008 EX yesterday and only now discovered I now have a target for catalytic converter theft. I have good insurance, but I’m seeing some people have had their cat ripped out multiple times.
The one I bought had its car converter ripped out on the lot, and the dealer replaced it.
I can’t park my element in the garage, so I have looked at the “cat clamp.” I know it can only deter, but since I work at a hardware store, I had the thought of further threading the cable Through sections of metal pipe, to add another level of protection against some opportunist with a sawzall.
Sure, it would be a further headache to put on and take off, but Any thoughts?
Go find Casey Horner on Honda Element Owners Group on Facebook. His is the only cat shield you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts