Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is looking for a catalytic converter shield for their element, I highly recommend the Axion Cybernetic shield. It's all stainless steel and bolts on. Had to do a modification to the shield because I had the Honda running boards but otherwise, it just bolted on. AXION CYBERNETIC - Honda Element Catalytic Converter Protection Shield
It's from a small company in Florida and was the best one that I found because it covers the whole converter so even if they cut the pipe, they would have to take the time to unbolt it at which point I think they would rather move on to an easier target. They also provide stainless steel torx screws but my mechanic just used the stock bolts. Also, it's one piece Stainless Steel which is important for us in Hawaii because we have a lot of salt water on the roads sometimes.
You can email [email protected] for more information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got one for my wife's Element SC. We had a person try to take our cat. Discovered the cat was cut when my wife drove off and it was not sounding right. Decided to make the investment. Very happy.

·
Registered
2005 Honda Element EX AWD MT
55 Posts
I installed the newer Axion design, and I had the same interference between the side step bracket and the shield. I had seen Eric the Car Guy on Youtube cut the bracket when he had similar interference. So I cut the sides of the bracket rather than the shield. The bracket metal was much softer than the stainless steel shield. I had to enlarge a hole on the other side of the shield in order to fit the downstream O2 sensor connector through.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was unimpressed with the Axion product. It was 22G or 24G at best.

I made a better one out of a $20 section of 20G galvanized duct from home depot, and made flanges and ends in about a half hour using a set of duck bill pliers and a sawzall. The #10 self tapping sheet metal screws are only accessible through small holes to prevent using a cutoff saw to liberate the cover. The ends seal off the cat pretty well- better than the Axion by far. I also tacked on a couple of 1/4" scrap drill rods that I had laying around to the inside. The rods are harder than any of the blades a meth head would be using to cut off a cat.They would not be able to

Total cost: About $25, not including the pliers or rods. Total time: about 2 h to 2.5 hours.

·
Registered
907 Posts

I made a better one out of a $20 section of 20G galvanized duct from home depot, and made flanges and ends in about a half hour using a set of duck bill pliers and a sawzall. The #10 self tapping sheet metal screws are only accessible through small holes to prevent using a cutoff saw to liberate the cover. The ends seal off the cat pretty well- better than the Axion by far. I also tacked on a couple of 1/4" scrap drill rods that I had laying around to the inside. The rods are harder than any of the blades a meth head would be using to cut off a cat.They would not be able to

Total cost: About $25, not including the pliers or rods. Total time: about 2 h to 2.5 hours.
Please post pictures

·
Registered
18 Posts

Please post pics. TY

1 - 11 of 11 Posts