Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I climbed in my 04 Element this morning to head over to the park and was startled by the volume. I looked underneath and found that the CC had been cut clean off and taken. If anyone can give me lead on a used one, I'd bee forever in your debt. I am on disability and simply can't afford the 2k for a new one. Thanks friends!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I’ve always wondered why someone wouldn’t just go the catless header route, heck I want to at some point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think you will most likely never find a used one. 1st even the junkyards cut them off and sell them, 2nd anyone that has a used one will sell it for scrap unless you get lucky and find someone in this list parting out their Element from a crash, 3rd a used one that someone is willing to give away is probably damaged or spent and not working.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think you will most likely never find a used one. 1st even the junkyards cut them off and sell them, 2nd anyone that has a used one will sell it for scrap unless you get lucky and find someone in this list parting out their Element from a crash, 3rd a used one that someone is willing to give away is probably damaged or spent and not working.
They are rare because of there scrap value.There is a used one for an 05 CRV on sale on Ebay. Not sure how different it is from the Element's. I would go to a reputable muffler shop and ask for advice. These welders can do amazing things through fabrication. Maybe they could make it fit, or simply build you one using a universal cat.

·
Registered
160 Posts
This is the 2nd time I have read of this happening!!- Grrr. I am thinking about welding something in place so the converter can't easily be stolen.

·
Registered
55 Posts
the one on Amazon fits nice but doesn't come with the doughnut... have to buy that separately $12

·
Registered
1 Posts
I climbed in my 04 Element this morning to head over to the park and was startled by the volume. I looked underneath and found that the CC had been cut clean off and taken. If anyone can give me lead on a used one, I'd bee forever in your debt. I am on disability and simply can't afford the 2k for a new one. Thanks friends!
This happened to me while my Element was at the auto repair shop. My mechanic replaced it with an aftermarket converter. It has regularly passed emission inspection in Ohio. I would go aftermarket rather than full price at OEM.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’d get a police report Then file a claim with your auto insurance. I have a friend who’s had 2 stolen off his element.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There is a federal law that prevents the sale and installation of used catalytic converters unfortunately.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Although the thieves only cut through the pipe on my element and ran away without the cat , when I looked new ones up on Amazon, they seemed pretty cheap- I guess the ,2 grand is mostly for, labor?

·
Moderator Eh?
12,164 Posts
The ones I found on Amazon are aftermarket. Oem is approx 1500 and the doesnt include hardware or sensors if required.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts