Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install the front shock's bottom mount; however, I cannot get the lower control arm low enough to get the shock mounted to it.

Any tips?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Compress the spring/shock.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Did you get this figured out? Don't know what was said/deleted, but I was serious...get some spring compressors or use a ratchet strap to compress the spring enough to let you compress the shock enough to allow it to line up.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Separate the outer tie-rod ends from the knuckle, if you haven't already - that should solve the problem you're having. Notice that the tie rod contacts the inner fender as everything drops down, preventing full drop and causing the problem you describe. You shouldn't need to compress anything to get the assembly in.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Also, depending on your mileage, this is a good time to replace the tie-rod ends - especially if your boots are looking sad like mine were. It's cheap and easy to do at this point, and timely, since an alignment is required after the lift is completed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Same problem!

yes i'm having the same problem.
Have you found anything else on this?

I think i already Separated the outer tie-rod ends from the knuckle
If thats the stearing stuff...
Not good with all these terms

2008 with lots of mods

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TZ, thanks... I really hate Forum DBs... ugh! I appreciate what you did.

Anyways, I will try removing the lower ball joint; however, I will need a free weekend to do so. Maybe on the 1st weekend of November.

Until then, I am going to dispatch an email to CCM to see what they say... I really hate dealing with spring compressors, what a PITA. If it went as easily as the instructions stated, this would be a piece of cake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts