Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looks interesting, but I'd want to see long term results before I put in on my E

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
I'm thinking about installing a lift on my Element. My only concern is w/the CV joints, and if there are any issues w/them failing.

·
Registered
122 Posts
is the CCM kit a body lift or an actual suspension lift?

·
Registered
122 Posts
ha ha ha DUH!!! well i feel like an ass:grin:

·
Registered
282 Posts
A small professionally produced lift (1"-3") shouldn't do much damage to CV Joints or anything else for that matter on nearly any vehicle if used for light applications like daily driving or LIGHT offroad driving.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Suspension lift.The E is a uni-body design and body lift kits are only for vehicles with a separate body and frame.
In definition but all they actually are are blocks which basically do the same, only your car doesn't become a pavement pounder. This lift will only give you more clearance, it wont give you more suspension.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lifted E Computer Reset

Is there a way to reset the computer to deal with a taller tire? I'd be concerned about speedo, odometer, etc.

C

·
0 Posts
I want to do this to my element but I am really unsure as to whether it would be worth the almost 400 dollars to do. Also what would it even look like?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Suspension Overhaul and 3' Lift Kit Instilation Question

I have a eCamper and I am planning a install all new shocks and struts as well as add a 3' CCM lift with new tires. Has anyone on here done this and can you give me your advice/parts list/brand preference. My plan as of right now it to buy and install;

front shocks
rear shocks
front struts
rear struts
3' lift kit from CCM with Camper Adjustment for rear
New tires (need tire size suggestion as there are several suggested on here)

Thank you in advance for your time. I plan on doing all of this myself with a mechanic friend so if you have suggested parts brands that would be really helpful as I know nothing about who is good in the parts world and who isn't.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Do the Sparman lift.

The CCM kit is too much geometry for the front CV axles. It will more than likely shimmy; mine does.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Jerdsmi15

Did you do the lift? If so, why?

I have a Jeep Wrangler and I smile every time I am on the Jeep forum and someone that did a lift describes how they were driving down the highway and suddenly got the death wobble and thought they were going to die. It doesn't have it on every lifted Jeep but hit the right conditions and it will. So if the suspension/drivetrain can get misaligned on a Wrangler it sure can happen on an E.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CCM 3"Lift

I had my local wheel and suspension mechanic install the CCM 3"lift along with Unity strut/coil over assemblies. They've had to tighten the nuts at max torque, because it seems the struts have been vibrating or bouncing loose. Also, have a weird issue with the camber of the front wheels going extremely inward when I reverse.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone on this thread used the 2" CCM lift? I heard the 3" was way too much and caused problems but considering the Bolt-On 2". Is there any other Bolt-On Kits available for E? I searched the forum extensively but still only see the CCM ones.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts