Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my element 3 weeks ago :D
But I don't have the radio security code. :(
Contacted the dealer about getting it but they got the vehicle from another dealer :?:
DOes anyone know how I would go about get the security for my vehicle :?:

·
Registered
261 Posts
my code was printed on a little card which was in the pages of the owner's manual. hope yours is sitting there too...

·
Registered
220 Posts
There are several ways that you can get your security code. Most of the time they are in the glovebox or with your owner's manual. Also, check all the compartments in your Element. If you have already done all these things, I would see if the dealer can contact the dealer that they got your Element from and that dealer can look up the security code. If this can't be achieved, as a last ditch effort, the stereo can be pulled and the code can be retrieved by using the VIN number. The dealer has to do this. I wouldn't suspect that they would ask you to pay for this service if you never received the security code to begin with. It's one thing if you lost it a year or six months down the road, but if you never got it, it isn't your fault they didn't provide it. If this is the course you must take to get the security code, just remember to keep a smile on, keep your patience and be diplomatic in asking that the dealer get this for you. It might also take a little bit of persistence and asking more than one person, but hopefully all will work out well. Best of luck and congrats on your E.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts