Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to extract a CD from the player when it won't eject? Or how to fix the ejecting mechanism? Is this a common problem in 03 elements w/ ~65K miles?

Thanks for the collective wisdom...
 

·
MØÐΣ®ΔTΩ®
Joined
·
3,749 Posts
Its a longshot, but maybe there is a small hole near the slot where you can insert a straightened out paper clip...much like a CDROM drive on a computer. The other scenario would be to remove power from the unit, then reconnect since most CD players will go through a sequence when first powered up which includes ejection.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
CD will play, but not eject

CD player works fine, but when I hit the eject button the "disc in" light goes off and nothing happens. Am I stuck listening to this CD for eternity, or does somebody have an idea what I should do. I'd hate to go to the dealer for something so silly.

...it's an '03 EX, if that helps at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,097 Posts
Best bet is to pull the radio out, disassemble it partially and work the disc out manually. You might find something as simple as a paper label that is stuck.

If you take the radio out, make sure you get the radio code from a dealer to power it back up. They can give you that from the serial number of the radio or the VIN number of your car. You also may be able to find it out for yourself as the linked posts demonstrate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,097 Posts
The plastic trim bezel that covers the radio just snaps out. There are a couple of small intents on the lower part of it, just above the heater/AC controls, big enough for a screwdriver blade. Wrapping the blade in cloth, put it in those slots and twist. The bottom of the bracket comes out. The top part of the bezel just pulls straight out. It will come unsnapped. Trust me. From there, it is 4 obvious screws that hold in the radio.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
outpost4 said:
The plastic trim bezel that covers the radio just snaps out. There are a couple of small intents on the lower part of it, just above the heater/AC controls, big enough for a screwdriver blade. Wrapping the blade in cloth, put it in those slots and twist. The bottom of the bracket comes out. The top part of the bezel just pulls straight out. It will come unsnapped. Trust me. From there, it is 4 obvious screws that hold in the radio.
thanks a lot
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
440 Posts
Always ask Google; it gives many returns to: Disc stuck automobile cd player , some of which are disconn battery for a few mins to reset cd player; insert biz card, credit card, edge of another cd to gently pry the stuck cd off a "dead spot," or a sheet of paper slid in, then press Eject. Or try ejecting while playing, or ejecting at any point except after last track.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,097 Posts
B Mac said:
Well, I got the unit out but there's no way to get at the disc itself that I can find.
You're in that unenviable position, a no man's land of getting the unit fixed or just replacing it.

I'm checking right now to see if I can find a repair shop for you other than the dealer. I'll let you know Wednesday. I'll also find out how much they charge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
outpost4 said:
You're in that unenviable position, a no man's land of getting the unit fixed or just replacing it.

I'm checking right now to see if I can find a repair shop for you other than the dealer. I'll let you know Wednesday. I'll also find out how much they charge.
yeah, i also scratched the cover plate, so i'm bummed about that.... I don't mind replacing it, but i want to keep the auxillary jack ability. i appreciate you looking for a shop. that's above and beyond.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,097 Posts
They got back to me and they need more info on the radio than what I could give them off the top of my head. I need to pull out my old factory radio to ask them. I haven't done that and it will be next week before I get to it.

Conversely, you could deal with them yourself.

United Radio

www.unitedradio.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,911 Posts
I have the same problem with mine. Just kept hitting the edject button and the damn thing finally caught traction on the disc and spit it out. Its happened about 3 times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
I had the same problem with an aftermarket 6 CD changer. It only happen with a couple of Alabama CD. I guess it didn't like that type of country music.

I remember just pushing the eject button a hundered times and finally getting it out. I never had another problem with other CD's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
HELP needed, can't eject cd from cd player

I pulled into my driveway yesterday afternoon, and attempted to eject a cd from my cd player, and all I heard were a bunch of clicking noises, like the eject mechanism was trying to eject, but nothing came out.

I pulled the faceplate off, and hit the little reset button with a toothpick, put the faceplate back on, and still nothing.

Anyone have any ideas? Or is this cd player as good as gone?

I have a Clarion DB355 head unit.

Thanks......C.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
Ouch. Sorry to hear about that. I don't know of any good way to get CD's out without taking the unit out and take it apart. I learned the hard way that CDs with sticky paper labels = bad. The heat generated inside the player can cause any of the seams to come up and jam up the player.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I had a Pioneer do something similar. I disconnected the power to let it reset, and it came right out. Mine clicked and "thought" it had spit the disc out, so when I pressed eject, nothing happened. The power reset did the trick, and the only problem I had after that was when the head unit was stolen....:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,037 Posts
Outpost

Cappucino said:
I pulled into my driveway yesterday afternoon, and attempted to eject a cd from my cd player, and all I heard were a bunch of clicking noises, like the eject mechanism was trying to eject, but nothing came out.
I pulled the faceplate off, and hit the little reset button with a toothpick, put the faceplate back on, and still nothing.
Anyone have any ideas? Or is this cd player as good as gone?
I have a Clarion DB355 head unit.
Thanks......C.
Bummer...:| Send a PM to Outpost4; he may have a trick...:cool:
 
1 - 20 of 115 Posts
Top