Honda Element Owners Club banner

81 - 100 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fixed!

Since the CD player wasn't responding at all, I thought I would try to reset it by disconnecting the battery. After re-entering the stereo security code, the CD player responded normally again & ejected the CD! Problem solved.

Hopefully this will help another forum-goer before they do as I did & trash their dust cover trying to extract the CD manually... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I kinda lucked out my radio did this and well mine was under warranty and they replaced it no issues. f it happens again I get a different radio

·
Registered
5 Posts
Easy Fix. No tools required.

Does anyone know how to extract a CD from the player when it won't eject? Or how to fix the ejecting mechanism? Is this a common problem in 03 elements w/ ~65K miles?

Thanks for the collective wisdom...
I know this sounds a tad lame :), but I just bump the side of the stereo console with my fist while the CD player is attempting to eject the disc. Oon one occasion this did not work. In which case I used a piece of paper (like a magazine insert -- which is a little heavier than normal paper, and inserted it into the drive slot while the disc was "ejecting" and it seemed to remove whatever was blocking it.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I put Cd in just a little and slightly push down while pushing the eject and it will help the other Cd come out. Works every time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
OEM CD player broken

Hi folks,

I've got a 2005 EX with the OEM CD player. First, I couldn't eject the cd inside, but it made sounds like it was trying. In CD mode, it would blink "cd ejecting". Now it doesn't do anything - won't try to eject, and won't even go into cd mode.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You can try this - it worked on my gf's CR-V: Turn off radio, disconnect negative cable to the battery. Go have one beer. Reconnect cable. Turn on radio and push eject. Just make sure that you have the radio code before you disconnect the battery so that you can reset the radio.

·
Registered
510 Posts
If the above method (we will call it the beer method) doesnt work... try whiskey!

Kidding... but if it doesnt work... i would check out the Trading post for someones OEM radio if you dont want an aftermarket one. And i hope you didnt have your favorite disc in there :|

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks everybody,

I tried the battery disconnect - but didn't have high hopes - and it worked! The second CD wouldn't have worked in my case, because before disconnecting the battery it wasn't even trying to eject, the CD player just stopped working. But I'll definitely keep that trick up my sleeve for next time.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
74 Posts
If the above method (we will call it the beer method) doesnt work... try whiskey!

Kidding... but if it doesnt work... i would check out the Trading post for someones OEM radio if you dont want an aftermarket one. And i hope you didnt have your favorite disc in there :|
I definitely like the way you think, but detect a bit of overkill. Never resort to whiskey for a beer job! It's like using paint remover when the job calls for Windex. Beer is for the day to day stuff. Whiskey is advanced alchemy and not for the casual handyman. And we will not be discussing expert level alchemy... I don't want to be responsible for any disasters resulting from misuse!

·
Registered
21 Posts
CD Stuck In CD Player

Hi guys,
Just bought a used E with 72,000 miles. Everything seems to work OK except that the CD player has a CD stuck in it. Overlooked it from a slick used salesman. Any recommendations on how to fix it? I checked the UTube how to from an E owner but mine seems to be too far to reach in. It also makes a clicking sound like it was trying to push the darn thing out. It does work when played by pushing another CD from the CD insert. If there is no recourse how much is it at the dealership-I could imagine an arm and a leg. :x

·
Registered
74 Posts
This works...

From an older thread:

"You can try this - it worked on my gf's CR-V: Turn off radio, disconnect negative cable to the battery. Go have one beer. Reconnect cable. Turn on radio and push eject. Just make sure that you have the radio code before you disconnect the battery so that you can reset the radio".

"I tried the battery disconnect - but didn't have high hopes - and it worked!"

http://www.elementownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19163

81 - 100 of 115 Posts