I have the exact same problem, any way to fix it? HELP!Hi folks,
I've got a 2005 EX with the OEM CD player. First, I couldn't eject the cd inside, but it made sounds like it was trying. In CD mode, it would blink "cd ejecting". Now it doesn't do anything - won't try to eject, and won't even go into cd mode.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cool, I will try it tomorrow.Since the CD player wasn't responding at all, I thought I would try to reset it by disconnecting the battery. After re-entering the stereo security code, the CD player responded normally again & ejected the CD! Problem solved.
Hopefully this will help another forum-goer before they do as I did & trash their dust cover trying to extract the CD manually...
This is what i just did. Everything was fine until i decided to take a picture of the roller to post it in here.EX CD Player Jamming [Solved]
For those who were following my former post regarding my CD player jamming when ejecting CDs, I ended up doing a complete disassembly of the CD drive assembly and cleaning the eject rollers with rubbing alcohol. I don't have a complete writeup of the process, but I have some rather crude pictures of the inside of the head unit taken with my cameraphone. If you venture inside your head unit, the usual "I take no responsibility for your actions" apply here.
This is the roller assembly itself. The black part on the left is the part that you clean with the rubbing alcohol. This part is what contacts the CD and causes it to eject.
This is the top of the drive which keeps the roller pinned so that the CD can make contact with it. If you remove this, be very careful when removing it as the roller assembly underneath it is under spring tension.
This is the drive itself with the roller and the CD guide removed. You can clearly see how complex the drive mechanism really is.
To the best of my knowledge, the entire eject mechanism is operated by a single motor. The servo motor controlling the laser position and the CD spinning motor are separate, of course. All in all, it took me approximately 4 hours combined to repair my drive and put it back in the car. This was a stopgap measure because I really cannot afford a new head unit right now. Once I can afford one, I will again remove my factory unit and take some high quality pictures and make a writeup so that if anyone wants to attempt it, go ahead.