Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May long weekend, first trip with the E. Stuffed it well, though I had to bungie more stuff that usual cuz you gotta stack it all high to make it fit. The stove still fell on the dog!

Slept in it the night it went to -1C. two of us and a Dalmation, was cozy to say the least.

Now that the back seats are totally out, I don't know if I will put them back in,TONS of room!

Plastic sides scracth pretty easy so watch when you load the gear. This was a problem with my Xterra as well. The plastics used in cars are softer now, that's all there is to it.

Watch the latch at the top where the two doors meet. I clunked my head on that, and it hurts!

the air pump I used inteh cigarette lighter took some major pushing and pulling to get in and out. I mean I leaned back and yanked as hard as I could. The same pump fit in the Xterra's outlets easily, so I don't know if the E's outlet is different or not?

The only real disapointing thing was after blowing up the airmattress three times over the 3 days, the battery was dead. Boosted it no problem but seem to recall barely using it. Oh well, maybe I have to watch it closer. Maybe a door was open and the light drained it. The good ol boys in their RAM TUFF trucks who gave me a boost had a good chuckle over boosting my "pretty boy/college boy" toy! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I killed my battery as well. I was washing my E with the music going. About an hour later I noticed that the lights were on as well as the stereo and then to top it off my cell phone was charging too......

I guess the good old boys are telling everyone about jump starting you. Probably the only thing they can be proud of in a Dodge

·
Registered
64 Posts
We killed our battery too!

Playing the stereo at the campground over the weekend. We had it on about an hour as well....Maybe we have a new thread here!

We made sure the interior lights were off and there was nothing else plugged in...

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have a feeling that the amplifier for the subwoofer is eating some of the power. My brother-in-law is a mechanic. He remarked how small the battery is in the "E". Anyone have any ideas if we can substitute in a larger battery easily?

·
Registered
5 Posts
:D Had two Hybred bikes in the back of my nice Green "E" with lots of room to spare. Going on a bike ride trip soon so will be able to check the rest of the room. The way she rides and takes corners nothing flys around in the back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts