Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a Pioneer Avic 920 installed everything works ok except when I make a call with my cell. Everyone complains that they can't hear me over the phone. The mic is installed right next to the mirror cliped to the headliner is there a better place to place the mic so the voice quality can be improved

Thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
sounds like a mic issue, onstar mic is in the mirror and they sound ok at a distance, can you try a different mic maybe one out of a headset/mic combo used for like online gaming or skype?

You could also hook the mic (if it has the 3.5mm jack) to a laptop and run the mic test on it while its in the car and see the output in different locations

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Different mics are designed to have different "throws", that is, distances that they will pick up sounds optimally and most car cellular mics are unidirectional, so they only have a small focus region. Try placing it up near the windshield and aimed at where your mouth will most likely be.
If that doesn't work, try several locations and make test calls to a friend to see how you sound to them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts