Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of a converter to plug a cell phone into the auxiliary (MP3/digital media) jack so that I can hear cell phone calls over the stereo?
:?:

·
Registered
195 Posts
[quote:f22a16d4b9="micah"]Anybody know of a converter to plug a cell phone into the auxiliary (MP3/digital media) jack so that I can hear cell phone calls over the stereo?
:?:[/quote:f22a16d4b9]

Interesting idea... The 'headphone jack' on a cell is a two-way connection because it normally goes to a mic as well as a headphone, so I suppose you'd have to invent some kind of splitting device to separate the out from the in, and then amplify it to line level. Probably not worth it, particularly since you'd likely end up with serious echo/feedback when the cell's microphone 'hears' the speakers that easily.

Drew

·
Registered
163 Posts
Is there a way to make the mic turn of when the speakers are playing what is being said so there is no feedback :?: (similar to a walkie talkie)

·
Registered
55 Posts
My thought here is that it would have to be possable. If you look at 1/2 of those Clip on Hands free kits, they clip on the ear peice, and then uses the FM part of the stereo to play it through you car, i dont know why we wouldn't be able to use the Aux section. it would proabbly be something along the lines of just using a hands free kit with a adjusted end....but.....

I know my Nokia is rather funny with hands free sets, so it would also proabbly depend on your cell phone too.

BUT then again...I was just looking at an element brocure afriend of mine just got (He wents nuts after seeing my E) and one of the things listed was Handsfree Cell Phone Kit comming mid 2003. so....maybe its all Acidemic (then again since its honda it might be 50.00-100.00)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts