Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Has anyone put a cell phone hands free device in the Element yet?

Here in NY the law is no hand held cell phones, and I hate the ear piece.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I read in the dealer's brochure concerning the options that late this year they will have a hands free device that you can purchase as an option directly from Honda. I don't know price or anything -- or what it entails but they did mention it in the options brochure as coming out later this year.

I still need to get a mount for my phone. I have just been having so much fun with the car that I haven't gotten around to it yet. I need to do it soon though!

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I have seen a cool magnetic device to dash mount your cell phone that does not interfere with the cell phone.. if i hear interest i will hunt for that info & post it!

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gypsytda,

There are plenty of mounts for your cell phone, but very few give you the ability to use them without the ear piece.

Living in NYC, we need a hands free device that we are able to use that charges the phone as well as gives the freedom of movement.

The power outlet is on the passenger side, and it is a bit of a reach to get things plugged in. While it works well if there is someone else in the car, it makes it tuff driving solo.

I think I have found a few things that might fit our need, but I am still trying to check them out.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
how about the handsfree speakerphone set ups have you tried that, that must be alot nicer than an ear phone. I would love to know if anyone does use those and likes them. Till then I have an issue with cell phone usage and driving so I don't do it.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gypsytda,

Check out this www.cellport.com

They make a handsfree device that is pretty much what I am looking for, it charges the phone, and provides the handsfree, speaker phone, etc.

I have it installed in my other car, but just don't want to install anything in the Element (it is just so new).......yet

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
how involved was the installation on the handsfree system you got before. Can not be that tricky, right?

Though I totally understand the too new to install things on thing, i am the same with mine!

thanks for the link, i will take more of a look at it.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The installation of the handsfree was not bad. I had the dealer do it where I got the system. :lol: It was included in the price, so I couldn't say no.

Actually, it took a bit, they had to install the antenna, the mic, and the speaker, as well as the mount for the phone itself, and the wires for power, etc.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
haven't the installationof the newer hands free systems improved? or was that a newer one? That is alot of stuff to do, so they had to install another antennae could not work via the radio anntenae?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most of the hands free have gotten better, but they are still not quite good enough. I spend a lot of the day in my car, and need good quality sound, and with us traveling, we want the best antenna we can get.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
that is more than reasonable to do & expect!!!

for my needs i will wait for more improvements on the system!! and something custom for the element!! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts