Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have two questions.
First, the optional center armrest for the Element looks kinda fragile. does anyone have any experience with someone leaning on it and it breaking?We had this happen on an 88 Accord a few years back.
Second, is there a left side armrest available for the passenger seat?
Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have the optional armrest and so far it feels pretty solid to me. Time will tell however. Since it is engineered using a cantilevered support from one side I would not want to apply any extreme stresses. Only normal use supporting an arm or two resting on top.

Some others have posted success in taking a driver's armrest and flipping it over and then attaching it to the passenger's seat. Apparently the mounting plate is in there under the upholstery. People (like me) who replaced the standard armrest have extra armrests lying around and they can be purchased pretty cheap.

K

·
Registered
96 Posts
What color does the storage armest come in? The dealer said they only had one color.. and I don't know how thats going to match with my black interior........

·
Registered
352 Posts
The optional center arm rest is more sturdy than it looks. On several occasions I have put my entire weight of 175 lbs on it with no damage occuring. The hidden mounting hardware and internal supports are made from some pretty decent quality steel. It only comes in one color (gray).

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a black interior and I think the gray storage armrest looks great. I suspect the color was selected to blend in with all interior color schemes.

K

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,was able to buy the grey storage armrest from HandA for $90 ,it is sturdy,wipeable,and holds a lot.The surface is quite large in the down position and in my opinion easily accomodates both driver and passenger arms.Its that spaciousand matches up good.I really like the adjust button to custom lower it further down,plus you can completely raise it to deal with bottom console issues or cleaning etc...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts