Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take off the center console in my 2010 honda element sc version and put in the plan 2010 LX version that is low and flat to the ground as i don't like how the SC's entire center console entraps u inside the front and u can't just walk through the center and to the back of the element like u can with an LX as the LX models have that flat floor style version where it just has a cup holder, the emergency brake and that's it. Any idea where i can get the parts to do that and what exactly do i need and or how to do it? I know it's possible as the SC is just an upgrade.

Here is a picture of that annoying center console that fully encloses u in the front. Also, here is a pic of the LX i had and how it's fully opened and u can just walk to the back of the element and don't feel "Trapped" in the front with no freedom to move around when u need to. Also, withOUT that console, long items can fit in through there like long tvs for example.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks kindly.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've actually been looking to do the exact opposite with my EX and install the SC console and remove the EX console. From bouncing around various forums it's certainly possible. The biggest differences would be the subwoofer housing, Parking Brake, and some of the trim behind where the new woofer box would be installed. Also there is an extra wiring harness for the SC Console that actually has a the Parking Brake wire in it, so that would be another replacement part that would need to be swapped out.
Having taken my console out at least once, the removal is usually pretty straight forward. There are several bolts at the lower point of the console. If I remember correct 2 or 3 in the actual compartment space itself, and two up toward the front. I can't say definitively if the SC is the same considering the woofer is mounted differently than in the LX or EX. I'll try to find a manual to double check this.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dafrizzy81. I didn't realize there was some kind of wire in the console. I kinda figured that the brake lever had to be installed on the floor on top of the lx center console part and it was just a matter of going under the cars undercarriage and pulling the brake line to shorten it to tighten it then cut the rest of the un needed length. I also didn't realize the sub was installed different as the ex one. I know the lx's i had never had a sub as they all came with a hole/compartment with no sub and only the ex's and sc's had the sub but i figured it would be the same and that u can keep the sub in and just add the lx center console part on the floor which is flat. I know most ex's come with a center console that is HIGHER than the flat LX model consoles. My ex's always had some storage box that looked like u can fit ice in there for sodas and water that was easily attached to the lx's flat center console part. I would TOTALLY TRADE the entire SC console set up in my car for someone's LX model console set up except they'd have to know how to install it or share the cost with me of having a mechanic do it. If it wasn't for the BRAKE issue part, i'd try it myself. I have been calling maybe more than 15 honda dealers through out florida trying to find someone with the LX parts that can do this swap but many of these parts are discontinued and i was told to find a junk yard but when i call a few junk yards by me, none have the element. I really wanna get all that stuff out of there and get the freedom to go back and forth in that car like i did when i had my lx while keeping the rest of the car in it's original SC format.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would be GREAT if you can tell me who or where lol. It's very difficult to find what i want for this car and this is my 8th element. I plan on keeping this one, which is why i am going a bit crazy calling so many places trying to get stuff done here in Florida. I posted on here hoping someone would "BITE" but so far, nothing. Between this and trying to find the sc wing, the fat one, not the universal one, that i also have posted here, it's near impossible. It is obviously because the car is discontinued but still, there are other cars discontinued and u can still find plenty of parts and oem accessories. I was told in Canada, u can find a lot of accessories and parts for elements as they are in bigger demand out there but i am not sure if that is true. Does ur ex have the half way mid point console or the low lx flat console?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmmm....any ideas on where to get the wing and lx center console for this car? Can't find them anywhere online.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts