Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of any beaches in Central California around San Luis Obispo area where I can drive my E onto the beach and camp there?

I'm also looking to camp in my E somewhere for free, if that's possible. Please let me know if you guys know of anything!

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Oceano Dunes SVRA (Pismo dunes) may be the only beach camping in the area, but it isn't free.

http://ohv.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=1207
High tides, heavy rains, and blowing sand determine whether or not you can drive down the beach without getting stuck. Access to the OHV and camping area may be restricted periodically by Arroyo Grande Creek which is subject to water releases at Lopez Dam and increased flow during winter storms.

Beach camping is recommended for 4- wheel drive vehicles only. A dump station, located on Le Sage Drive, 1/10 miles North of Grand Ave. on Hwy 1, is available to campers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked into that beach and I think that's the one I'm gonna go to, it's not too expensive to stay for three days. Thanks for the info :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey if your keen to drive alittle farther up the coast on 1 into Big Sur, I like to stay at Kirk Creek campgrounds. Its absolutely gorgeous and sits on top of a bluff over the ocean. Its a state park to I think, 25 a night with walk up sites available I believe.....check it out

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Fairly far north, there's Gold Bluffs campground in Prairie State Park (next to the main Redwood one). That's among vegetated dunes next to the beach.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
If your going to Pismo, prepare for a semi "Party" atmosphere. Lotsa Quad's and Ski's during the day and music and drinks at night.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If your going to Pismo, prepare for a semi "Party" atmosphere. Lotsa Quad's and Ski's during the day and music and drinks at night.
Thanks for the suggestion's guys! I think I'll hit up Pismo, especially after what this guy said! haha :cool:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have camping both Pismo and Bug Sur. They both ROCK, Pismo Beach is more of a Party area, while Big Sur is more of a real "Camping" experience. Check out the Big Sur campground and more important the pub next door to it.
Good Times!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts