Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn't find the right anwser on here so I'm gonna have to ask.

Does the Certified pre-owned warranty pass on to the newer owners, as in regardless of how many times the car is sold, the extended warranty of 7year/100000miles will last until whichever comes first, or does it not transfer on to the new owner.

Im guessing it should, but im not sure, and if so, is there some kind of written certificate that comes with the car or is it something thats in the honda database...

I'm looking at a Element which had been a certified pre-owned car before (it says on carfax) and its now sold at a non francised used car dealer.

thanks

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great thanks, I wonder why I didn't see those pages....
Seems like the warranty is transferable by private party only... and it requires the new owner to sign some transferring form...

·
Registered
421 Posts
You're welcome. I just did a Google search for "honda certified transferrable", and google popped up a couple of choices.

There's another in Honda Financing Questions and Answers that says
"Yes. The Certified warranty is transferable to a new owner in a sale from a private party to another private party. Simply complete the Change of Ownership Card at the back of the Customer Warranty Manual and mail it in to American Honda."

The questions and answers page is http://automobiles.honda.com/finance-tools/faqs.aspx
</SPAN>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts