Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
[quote:594a01787e="chetster"]Is that what that is? I thought it was an ashtry. All joking aside, the change try sucks![/quote:594a01787e]

it sucks? does it not do something that you expected it to do? if you really don't like it then don't use it i suppose, but i am not sure that your expletive is warranted here.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I think the change bin is cool, but not very practical....it is very hard to get the change out without some of it falling on the floor....and I am right handed and find it difficult to use my left hand to get the change out, especially while pulling into a toll booth.

Just my personal opinion!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I really like the change bin, but I too hate it's location. Unless I'm out of the car with the door open I have a devil of a time getting the "right" coins out of it. On the up-side, it fills up fast and stays that way because I'd rather spend paper or dig in my pockets. When I get to the car wash, I'm greatful for it's current design because there's usually enough quarters to do the job! Maybe adding a second one would be a good compromise.

·
Premium Member
2003 2WD MT GG, 55K as of 3/20(!), It’s a Fun Box
280 Posts
For once I can tell my left-handed friends that a car has a feature that actually works for them.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hmmmmm, we must be running out of topics,,,,,, a thread about the change bin... :lol: its only a change bin if you put change in it... mines a crusty kleenex bin... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
204 Posts
[quote:f9e48e97cf="Staggie"]For once I can tell my left-handed friends that a car has a feature that actually works for them.[/quote:f9e48e97cf]

Not so fast, there, Staggie. It's as awkward for us as it is for righties.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Boneheadz......maybe you have BIG hands 8)

I really think my problem is that my hands are too small to grab the change and pull it into the palm of my hand. :?

·
Registered
58 Posts
The change tray is fine...Same place as my old Civic.

It seems to hold lots of coins. Which is perfect for me

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am very tall (6'7"). When I am not careful, I scrape my right shin bone on the #$%^^@ change door. Pavlov would be happy as it doesn't happen nearly as often anymore. I do have lots of nice scabs and scars from the door though.

·
Registered
50 Posts
i put change in the cubby behind the ignition. it's a lot easier to reach and you can see the change. there isn't anything in the actual change bin.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yeah I was pissed because I thought it was one of those food machines like on star trek where you press a button and your food appears before you. Damn, that's why I bought the element! :D

·
Registered
540 Posts
[quote:97d8a28956="jjj_11"]Yeah I was pissed because I thought it was one of those food machines like on star trek where you press a button and your food appears before you. Damn, that's why I bought the element! :D[/quote:97d8a28956]

Heeeeee! Whenever I'm frustrated by a lack of technology I mumble to myself "We need Star Trek!" My friends have come to accept this as one of my quirks.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Ok, I put my first dime in the change tray the other day. It slid around every time I went around a corner. I'd hate to see a bunch of change in there. Then again, maybe it's my driving! :wink:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts