Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone, First post so here I go... I took the 2006 element in to have the oil changed yesterday. The mechanic went through it with a fine-tooth comb. He recommended I change the cabin filters and he showed me these two 4x8 inch filters covered in mold dirt and who knows what else. Take my word for it they were filthy!!! He told me to run to Auto Zone and buy them and he would put them in... They were only $20 buck but you can get them in one day for half that price at the link below. I'm posting an installation video as well.
He installed them in 5 mins with no tools. My only recommendation is to empty the glove box before you start...

·
Registered
347 Posts
Hi,
For those doing this themselves, be advised there is a certain way the new filter has to be installed and they are marked to achieve that.

I just ordered a set by TYC on Amazon for $10.

Not hard to do and they do catch a lot of junk in the air!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes! Definitely make sure to stay on top of all filters including the "two" cabin air filters - Super easy to replace - I just changed mine to the following via Amazon - $13.97

FRAM Fresh Breeze Cabin Air Filter with Arm & Hammer Baking Soda, CF10135

814ewZIhFPL._AC_SL1500_ (1).jpg

·
Registered
27 Posts
Agree. I changed mine last week at 80k and it was completely dirty and black. Previous owner obviously hadn’t changed it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts