Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently purchased an 09 SC, and i just installed a 55w hi/lo 10,000k HID kit (H4)... now im trying to install 35w 3,000k HID (H11). the dealer installed ALL (and i mean ALL the factory accessories). my question is...

"how the hell do i change the bulbs out of the factory foglights, without taking off the bumper?"

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
523 Posts
i just recently purchased an 09 SC, and i just installed a 55w hi/lo 10,000k HID kit (H4)... now im trying to install 35w 3,000k HID (H11). the dealer installed ALL (and i mean ALL the factory accessories). my question is...

"how the hell do i change the bulbs out of the factory foglights, without taking off the bumper?"

thanks in advance.
You can try and remove the plastic undercover. 10,000K? :confused: Really going for the Ricer look eh? How bad are they for oncoming traffic? Care to post a cut off?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Go to page 11 (replacing bulb) in the install manual: 09 SC Fog Install Guide

HID kit for your lo/hi? That's going to give you unwanted overpowering glare and blind people on the road.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
actually since the cut off on the reflectors project a straight horizon, it doesnt glare much, just when i hightbeam (hahaha)... and since i went with 10,000 kelvin, the temp looks more like 8,000 kelvin on a 35 watt system, just a clean white with a 'hint' of blue.

ill post a photo of the kit install and sample photos soon.

thanks for the help/link... ill check it out.

edit:theres one photo of the head lights in my albums... but it doesnt show much. SORRY...

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Glare will be horrible, but why not get on a creeper and look behind it? That's how you get to them on the 08s too IIRC.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just did the install... everything is working great. fairly easy install. except for the fact that some factory fog lights require the wiring to run backwards... so i just had to flip the connector to from the factory wiring to the HID ballasts.

thanks for the help.

ill post photos up soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts