Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious about the ability to change the plastic paneling on my 2004 element to the metal paneling. I like the look of the all metal exterior much better. If it is possible, what kind of pricing am I looking at?

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
There is no metal paneling that goes where the plastic ones are. There are painted plastic ones that are on the newer EX-Ps and the P standing for painted panels. You are probably looking roughly $1500 for the parts and to get them painted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sucks... For that much, I might as well just wait the year it will be before I trade this one in for a new one. xD I'm a broke college kid.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have to admit, I didn't know the E came with body-color panels. When the E first came out, I thought it was fairly horrid looking (sorry, but honest!). I find this true of most cars with large amounts of plastic paneling (RAV4, Subaru Brat, sure there are plenty more).

Then recently looking for a CUV/SUV, I discovered an Element with the painted panels (EX-P) and thought it looked pretty nice (ultimately, it was the one I bought, too!) Besides, I've always wanted an orange or yellow car - and that wouldn't look right on a Lexus 330 or 4Runner, now would it? lolol

I have since seen some E color configurations on here (like the woodsy green or some of the custom jobbies) that look pretty good with the plastic panels. But all and all, I am pretty happy with the painted panels. (I should go see if they are metal or plastic - I honestly have no idea).

Ironically, the car does have one BIG scratch on it... On the front left fender - where it 'should' be plastic lol Ohwell :)

·
12,180 Posts
Regardless, it's not the thick, gray, rough plastic which I am guessing is considerably more resilient to dings and dents and scratches... Which was sorta my point...

Having owned both a 2003 EX and a 2006 EX-P i can tell you from experience the unpainted portions scratch just as easily and are harder to repair.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts