Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I might load the kids and head down to Galveston Beach tomorrow. Since my young'uns are still quite young (2, 3, and 7), I need some sun cover for us to spend any amount of time safely out on the sand.

I need something CHEAP! As in, akin to a tarp draped across the back of the E and a couple of poles.
I'd welcome any detail on where I can quickly find such inexpensive cover and associated ideas for the quick trip. (I know the obvious places to look from Wally World, Sams, Sporting Goods store, etc. I am looking for any specific workable ideas on products and their where abouts.)

Thanks...the creativity here always amazes me so I'd thought I'd check with ya'll on this one.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Hey, have fun!

You can always bring along a couple of sheets for shade.
Hang one over the doors as a changing station. I love using the space between the doors to change.:)
For beach tie downs bring along some 5 gallon buckets and fill with water/sand.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buckets...great idea.

And thanks for the well wishes. It may not happen...the rain chances seem a bit high this weekend to try to get away with it. Noticing right now the area down near you is getting pelted pretty good...so is the island.

Just trying to come up with some inexpensive adventures for the kiddos you know. Have E, will play.

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Buckets...great idea.

And thanks for the well wishes. It may not happen...the rain chances seem a bit high this weekend to try to get away with it. Noticing right now the area down near you is getting pelted pretty good...so is the island.

Just trying to come up with some inexpensive adventures for the kiddos you know. Have E, will play.
Yup, were actually getting a pretty good thunderstorm right now, looks like I won't have to water the grass this weekend:)
The weekend forecast is real iffy.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Thought I might load the kids and head down to Galveston Beach tomorrow. Since my young'uns are still quite young (2, 3, and 7), I need some sun cover for us to spend any amount of time safely out on the sand.

I need something CHEAP! As in, akin to a tarp draped across the back of the E and a couple of poles.
I'd welcome any detail on where I can quickly find such inexpensive cover and associated ideas for the quick trip. (I know the obvious places to look from Wally World, Sams, Sporting Goods store, etc. I am looking for any specific workable ideas on products and their where abouts.)

Thanks...the creativity here always amazes me so I'd thought I'd check with ya'll on this one.
Huh? You're taking kids to the beach and you expect to keep them under an awning? Just slather them up with SPF 50, have them leave their shoes in the car and tell them to "have at it"!:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts