Honda Element Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to check tomorrow, but as far as I remember from seeing it briefly over the weekend, my local Dick's Sporting Goods has a 2 burner Brunton stove on sale @ $39.99

A quick look at Brunton's website shows their cheapest 2 burner at $125 and a google brings up a couple of retailers listing circa $75 as the very cheapest.

Coming from the UK I've not heard of Brunton but they appear to be quite a good manufacturer so if it is a $120ish stove at $40 I'll be sure to pick one up then tell you which store and how many they have left...;-)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update - I was correct my local Dick's Sporting Goods (Warwick, RI) have a 2 burner, 24,000BTU stove (no ignition) for $39.99!

Even better it has a flexible hose rather than the Coleman rigid pipe for the propane bottles which means it'll hook up straight to my distribution tree without needing another $25 hose!!!

Actually I've just found it on Amazon for $26 without shipping but it's not listed on the Brunton site and I can't see how it differs hugely from the $125 Profile stove (2 x 12,000 BTU)? http://www.brunton.com/product.php?id=618

Either way it strikes me as pretty good value for money, so if you're in the market for a new stove and there's a Dick's nearby pop in...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We had our first trip of the season this weekend and I'm happy to report that this stove is brilliant, so much so that my wife and I wish the stove top in our kitchen could boil a pan of water as fast as this thing!

Following the nice surprise that was the included hose, I was especially pleased to find that the end of the hose that connects to the stove 'self-seals' so you can quickly put the stove away and leave the hose connected to the distribution tree....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts