Honda Element Owners Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
I've got 4 or 5 different style filter wrenches and none of them will work on the E. I just use some large channel lock pliers on it.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
The Lisle import oil filter wrench works 100% of the time and is worth the few dollars more than the cheap Harbor Freight version. I have both (bought the HF one first) plus the genuine Honda cap wrench- which I wish I hadn't spent the $$ for after using the Lisle wrench.

·
Registered
8,046 Posts
Got a cheapie plastic one that fits the filter like a socket. Has a 3/8" ratchet hole in the back. I've had this thing since I owned my '79 Toyota Corona. Best $3 I ever spent.

·
Registered
65 Posts
No oil filter wrench

I've been using the Fram filters with the rough surface on them. I havent needed a wrench for these at all, to put them on or take them off. After all, you don't need to go any tighter than hand tight.(OK, I've got big hands and I'm still pretty strong and no arthritis, yet, at 53)

·
Registered
348 Posts
I've been using the Fram filters with the rough surface on them. I havent needed a wrench for these at all, to put them on or take them off. After all, you don't need to go any tighter than hand tight.(OK, I've got big hands and I'm still pretty strong and no arthritis, yet, at 53)

Some of us don't use FRAM oil filters...for good reason.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts